An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By clayton
I friend of mine just got some Bird Zero's at auction. He got them working using Ninebot ES parts. The dash isn't a perfect fit, but It works well.

He used the dash and control board for a Ninebot ES, and used the Ninebot wiring to splice ninebot plugs on the motor and battery. Just some solder and shrink tubing. The Zero has a much larger battery for more range, and with the Ninebot controller putting out 700 watts to the motor, it goes like a scalded dog. Brake lights don't work but who cares. He said you use a chisel to break the bolts off the neck of the scooter that holds the control board inside, then you can disconnect the wiring. The Ninebot control board fits in inside the handlebar stalk, just have to drill a hole to mount it inside like on Ninebots. He said a Ninebot scooter has all the parts and connectors inside to get a Zero running. Just thought I'd pass this along in case you find a Zero at auction. I'm going to keep my eyes open. I like that the deck is big and roomy, and their built like a tank.

Some Russians say they're came up with a way to activate a Bird Zero without swapping Ninebot parts. Supposed to start selling the part online this spring for less than $50. They're setting up production now. I'm sure they're sell a ton of them. You can find info by doing a google search in Russia, and using google translate to read it.

It seems like Lime did a much better job of making their scooters harder to reverse engineer, and the fleet seems MUCH better maintained. I wonder if Bird will survive. They don't seem to be running the company very well, but they sure did get a lot of investor money! At least the top bosses are making a fortune.

Happy Scootin'

Clayton
By Ben J
Thanks for a good laugh...
clayton wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:47 am
I friend of mine just got some Bird Zero's at auction. He got them working using Ninebot ES parts. The dash isn't a perfect fit, but It works well.

He used the dash and control board for a Ninebot ES, and used the Ninebot wiring to splice ninebot plugs on the motor and battery. Just some solder and shrink tubing. The Zero has a much larger battery for more range, and with the Ninebot controller putting out 700 watts to the motor, it goes like a scalded dog. Brake lights don't work but who cares. He said you use a chisel to break the bolts off the neck of the scooter that holds the control board inside, then you can disconnect the wiring. The Ninebot control board fits in inside the handlebar stalk, just have to drill a hole to mount it inside like on Ninebots. He said a Ninebot scooter has all the parts and connectors inside to get a Zero running. Just thought I'd pass this along in case you find a Zero at auction. I'm going to keep my eyes open. I like that the deck is big and roomy, and their built like a tank.

Some Russians say they're came up with a way to activate a Bird Zero without swapping Ninebot parts. Supposed to start selling the part online this spring for less than $50. They're setting up production now. I'm sure they're sell a ton of them. You can find info by doing a google search in Russia, and using google translate to read it.

It seems like Lime did a much better job of making their scooters harder to reverse engineer, and the fleet seems MUCH better maintained. I wonder if Bird will survive. They don't seem to be running the company very well, but they sure did get a lot of investor money! At least the top bosses are making a fortune.

Happy Scootin'

Clayton
clayton wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:47 am

Happy Scootin'

Clayton
The control board, was it the bird one or the OEM Ninebot board that was used?
He used the one that came from a legally acquired Bird ES4.

I'm so glad they are warning people on this forum to not steal scooters or encourage others to take them. What kind of world would this be if people started taking other peoples stuff. Not a world I want to live in anyway.

Chinese venture capitalist investors have a right to make millions just like the rest of of. It sickens me when someone illegally acquires a Bird scooter, and takes money out of their pockets.

Most dear Chinese friends, I am looking out for you, and promise to keep an eye out for scooter thieves. All I ask in return is please stop rippping me off when I order stuff from you, and long live Chairman Mao!

Warmest regards dear friend,

Clayton
James007 wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:20 pm
Can you share a link to the russian website? was it 4pda.ru?
Hi James, don't remember the website. Just searched Russia, or .ru as you said. It was a forum that someone posted pics links to, and there was a time lapse video link of him converting a Bird Zero. Just a custom board that activates the controller. I guess the Zero always thinks it has a paying customer on board, cause the dash was working and no brain box on the thing.

Looks like it took about 15 minutes, but he had his tools layed out and looks like he'd done it before. If I find it I'll PM you the link. It might not go over too well posting the link here, and its all in russian
clayton wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:31 pm
He used the one that came from a legally acquired Bird ES4.

I'm so glad they are warning people on this forum to not steal scooters or encourage others to take them. What kind of world would this be if people started taking other peoples stuff. Not a world I want to live in anyway.

Chinese venture capitalist investors have a right to make millions just like the rest of of. It sickens me when someone illegally acquires a Bird scooter, and takes money out of their pockets.

Most dear Chinese friends, I am looking out for you, and promise to keep an eye out for scooter thieves. All I ask in return is please stop rippping me off when I order stuff from you, and long live Chairman Mao!

Warmest regards dear friend,

Clayton
Ok that doesnt help if you put it that way...a legally acquired ES4 could carry modified control boards if it from different ride share companies before it was legally acquired....m
clayton wrote:
James007 wrote:
Hi James, don't remember the website. Just searched Russia, or .ru as you said. It was a forum that someone posted pics links to, and there was a time lapse video link of him converting a Bird Zero. Just a custom board that activates the controller. I guess the Zero always thinks it has a paying customer on board, cause the dash was working and no brain box on the thing.

Looks like it took about 15 minutes, but he had his tools layed out and looks like he'd done it before. If I find it I'll PM you the link. It might not go over too well posting the link here, and its all in russian
Hmm. I dont see why it wouldn't go well... I've searched quite a bit and couldn't find a neither forum nor video related to it. Could you provide what did you search for on Russian dommained Google. Im really curious about this...
07Gevish wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:39 am
clayton wrote:
James007 wrote:

Hmm. I dont see why it wouldn't go well... I've searched quite a bit and couldn't find a neither forum nor video related to it. Could you provide what did you search for on Russian dommained Google. Im really curious about this...
Did you ever find it? Got a zero im sitting on
BIRD ZERO ELECTISAN F350

Hey people, I'm having problems with my Bird Zero […]

I can't seem to find any info anywhere online […]

LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

For the battery indicator, it worked before. The[…]

How much could you pull max?