An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
so heres my thought to how to do this correctly without doing any of the above listed somewhat nightmarish method....
get an st link and find the appropriate firmware for this scooter (not birds custom bs) then you will have to get the Bluetooth module for this scooter original manufacturer model which is some random company out of china then install the Bluetooth and ride away. or you can take the motor for this and rewire it to an es4 or a lime and find a way to make use of this wonderful motor which is really the thing you are after because who wants a 50 lb scooter nicknamed the tank?
anyways I was a bird mechanic before they laid us all off and I will be looking into making this work but so far the idea I have is the best and most logical way I can think of to make this work. I have several es4 which are converted and several lime ninebot models that im working on converting and I have converted the m365 into a m365 pro with updated display dashboard which hasn't been released yet. so I know this bird zero is going to be a challenge. I will update if I come up with anything
By hibrad2005
RyanH43165 wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:34 pm
After tearing down a Zero, I can say that installing a custom controller would be a huge pain in the *ss. This thing is not built to be taken apart.
I have a zero motor on my ES4 but the tire is shot. Did you take the motor apart too? I measured the outside of the motor hub as 135mm but am curious the diameter of the tire inside that lip
By RyanH43165
No just the underside. The motor controller is tucked in quite nicely. It's doable, but it'd be a lot of wiring to put an aftermarket controller in and keep all of the lights, and in the end you'd have a heavy non folding scooter that you just put $75 in parts into.
By 07Gevish
RyanH43165 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:24 pm
07Gevish wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:40 am
Successfully converted to run.
However lights and dash not working...so it's difficult to tell the battery charge.
Used one of the generic 36v 350W controllers and simple ignition/grip throttle.
Does this maintain the factory battery controller?
You mean BMS? Then yes. Motor controller no...
By Ni Go
jordanzer wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:57 am
Hi everyone, first post on this forum, let's make it a good one!

Here is what I have found inside the handlebars and front panel.

Unfortunately, I couldn't save the electric controller as it was filled with black insulating paste/foam.

I've ordered an Electric Controller, 36V/48V 350W Brushless for the conversion as I plan to reuse the current thumb gas throttle.

I'll try to extract the electric controller but until then, do you guys think we can do anything with the dashboard controller?

Did you succeed?
Para bird zero solo hay que cambiar controlador?y que app usáis para encenderlo?.soy un novato en esto,me gustaría que me ayudaseis.un saludo

For bird zero you just have to change the controller and what app do you use to turn it on? I am a newbie in this, I would like you to help me.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]