An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By Vfranky
Hello! At last I did it! my Bird zero Is working perfect, but I have a question about the front light, ... it dosen't work,
I conect the rear lights to te Controller conexion for to use the turn on/off funtion, and it work's perfect.
I read in this topic some about the voltage :
rear lights are 12v
front light is 3,5v?

In this way, if I connect the fron lith with the rear lights.. provably I will burn the fron light?
I have one front light with 12 v, If I connect this to the rear lights, I can use It wiht thre controller conection?

In the other and... How I can configure thre break lights with thre break system?

Thanks in advanced
By RedHusky
Vfranky wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:14 am
Hello! At last I did it! my Bird zero Is working perfect, but I have a question about the front light, ... it dosen't work,
I conect the rear lights to te Controller conexion for to use the turn on/off funtion, and it work's perfect.
rear lights are 12v
front light is 3,5v?

In this way, if I connect the fron lith with the rear lights.. provably I will burn the fron light?
I have one front light with 12 v, If I connect this to the rear lights, I can use It wiht thre controller conection?

In the other and... How I can configure thre break lights with thre break system?

Thanks in advanced

Hi,

Front light is normally 3.5V. But i didn't found any 3.5V on my new motor controller.
I tried with the +5V from the accelerator, but it's not powerfull enough (the light is dimly lit).

I finally took the 40V from the PowerOn line of the motor controller, and connected it on a cheap USB charger (220V~100V To 5V) : It work, 40V is enough to transform it on 5V, with a good power to light the front light.
And because it's the PowerOn line, it's powered only when the scooter is activated. Else, it's off.

About the rear lights :
I think the rear light is connected by default in 12V. There is one circuit for the normal red light ( + white low light), and another circuit for the brake red lights. I thought it would be difiicult to detect the brake status, so i connected the two circuits together.

I didn't found 12V on the motor controller. I didn't have a 12V transformator, so i connected all the rear lights on the 40V from the PowerOn line (again). It shine very powerfully, so it's very visible on a road in city, which is good for security. But I think the 40V is too much for this rear lights, i already scorch 2 or 3 reds lights (i changed it with new ones). try to found a way to get 12V for them.

Sorry for my bad english, hopes it's helping.

Regards

RedHusky
By knynxy@gmail.com
I have plenty of scooter parts but I'm in West Los Angeles near Westwood and Expo. I really need a ninebot es dashboard or m365 dashboard if anyone could spare one I have a bunch of sh*t I could trade.
By knynxy@gmail.com
I have plenty of scooter parts but I'm in West Los Angeles near Westwood and Expo. I really need a ninebot es dashboard or m365 dashboard if anyone could spare one I have a bunch of sh*t I could trade. I have a lot of scooter parts, I would be willing to trade my flat panel TV great condition for a ninebot es dashboard or m365 dashboard.
By Beebeboards
Vfranky wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:14 am
rear lights are 12v
front light is 3,5v?

Thanks in advanced
Congrats! I’ve been following this board for a while and honestly am pretty confused. By any chance you have a step by step tutorial on what exactly you did.
lucashenry69 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:10 am
Cjwelcome wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:09 am
@Gruby hey gruby thank you I appreciate t and yes there is a way to change power settings from the display if you happen to have the exact same kit as I have the display should have a model number on the side above the mode and power button mine says LH-100 if that’s the case then you can hold both buttons down for two seconds until another screen pops up saying S0 And then - - - - asking for number inputs you can cycle through numbers 1-10 using mode and change which number position using power button type in 6666 for all the numbers then hold power button until it shows up P1 then you can start editing the settings which are all right here in this picture
https://imgur.com/gallery/3wq6Skh
You might have to set the power to 100 percent or 150 if you’d like mine was set to full 100 during my test ride yesterday I will make and post a YouTube video on how to change settings
When I get home today. Hope this helps until then if not then look up your particular model number followed by throttle display settings into google ex.(LH-100 throttle display settings) and you’ll probably see under images something linked to a website or for sale item with a description on how to do so. Good luck Gruby :D
Hi, where dit you get this file with errors and settings details ? can yo post the error details page, i have the "error 07" and i can not manage to correct it :D

thanks dude

i got the error 10 on my LH-100 display :( not riding, motor don´t go..... :(
By timb
Intro
First we tested the arduino solution found on another website. But it didn't work at all even when we corrected the small mistake in the code.
So we trying the solution proposed by Bob Moon, which consist in replacing the controller and the throttle.

As advised by him we purchased this controller :
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07 ... =UTF8&th=1

You have to select 36V between the 4 models. It comes with a throttle lever and speed indicator.

The controller is smaller than the genuine one and fits in the frame of the scooter.

Preliminary work
To install properly this controller we followed these steps :
- remove the GPS box
- remove the handlebar
- unplug all connectors which are in the tube
- remove original throttle lever (you have to remove the right grip for that)
- remove the battery
- disconnect all the wires from the battery (some connectors are hidden beneath a sheath)

Removal of the original controller
Then comes the difficult part : to remove the original controller.
We had to cut some screws which where very uneasy to access to remove the controller.
To pull the controller from below, first take out the front wheel in order to give some slack to the wire which links the wheel motor to the controller :

When you have enough slack, you can pull out the controller and disconnect all the connectors.

Installation of the new controller

1 : Battery connector
2 : LCD and throttle connector
3 : the 6 pins white connector is for the hall sensor which comes from the wheel. These wires are thin. Plug the wires according to the color of those of the white connector. Only one wire from the hall sensor is different from the corresponding wire of the white connector.
4 : the 3 wires of the brushless motor are connected to the controller.
Yellow (controller side) = yellow (motor side)
Green (ctrller side) = Blue (motor side)
Blue(ctrller side) = Green (motor side)
Important note : In this configuration, the wheel spins in the opposite direction. But we tried all the other combinations, this seems to be the only way to get the max torque of the motor. Indeed there is a combination which allow the motor to spin in the good direction BUT the power is not sufficient to climb (the power is reduced) and the motor produces a weird noise.

Changing the wheel assembly
As the scooter will move backwards, we had to reverse the wheel assembly : the left side of the wheel nut which originally had the wire in, should be moved to the right side.
So we had to drill a 12 mm hole on the other side to allow the wire to go through.

Then we cut the wire which comes from the wheel nut halfway. And after the wire had been moved from the original hole to the new one, we resolder the wires :

Then we fasten the wheel which now make the scooter moves frontward.

Last part
Install the battery, the handlebar, install the new throttleand that's it :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DIN9Y ... gx8cJaxU1D
By petit_bateau
timb wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 10:00 am

Changing the wheel assembly
As the scooter will move backwards, we had to reverse the wheel assembly : the left side of the wheel nut which originally had the wire in, should be moved to the right side.
So we had to drill a 12 mm hole on the other side to allow the wire to go through.

Then we cut the wire which comes from the wheel nut halfway. And after the wire had been moved from the original hole to the new one, we resolder the wires :

Then we fasten the wheel which now make the scooter moves frontward.

Hi, why don't use the reverse on LH 100 controler?
intelligent identification works when you plug/ unplug the green wire.
it's very simple, no need to drill anyting! he weel runs in the right direction at the first attempt ;)

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]