An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By korsarz022
jordanzer wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:57 am
Hi everyone, first post on this forum, let's make it a good one!

Here is what I have found inside the handlebars and front panel.

Unfortunately, I couldn't save the electric controller as it was filled with black insulating paste/foam.

I've ordered an Electric Controller, 36V/48V 350W Brushless for the conversion as I plan to reuse the current thumb gas throttle.

I'll try to extract the electric controller but until then, do you guys think we can do anything with the dashboard controller?

How did You opened the dashboard column? I couldn't get into there. Mine was filled with some black insulation similiar to that in electric controler
I think determining the wiring schematic of the internal controller would be the cheapest route to converting one of these. All the smarts are handled by the brain and dash. Mapping that 15ish pin cable coming out of the motor controller should get it all going. I highly doubt it's much different than the cheapo brushless controllers people are using. With that said, I'm lazy as hell, and a friend asked me to repair one for him, and a cheapo controller with aftermarket dash is what's going in it because I really don't feel like putting the time into it.
Is it necessary to operate the existing dash, probably. I am saying that connecting a dash that speaks the se language to the right pinout would achieve bthe same goal. It's not going to be plug and play, but the exisiting controller shouldn't need replaced.
By jsolace7
Tuco1 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:32 pm
jordanzer wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:13 pm
akko k wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:29 pm
Wheres the GPS module on the bird zero?
Front white panel. You will need a S-Torx (white panel) and Phillips (black box) drivers.
Please, do you know the number of the Torx?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XK ... UTF8&psc=1

I bought this set on amazon last week. this set has all drivers you need.
Im not saying you should do this, but theoretically if a person were to drive around on a sunday morning around 3am where a lot of scooters have been dumped in a downtown area, theres a good chance you will run across a zero with no battery left but that is still on with an “E 02” error message and headlight on. This scooter can be taken home,charged, and ridden and as long as its battery is never allowed to die again it shoukd be yours to keep and use possibly forever. Just be aware that it may still show up on the charger map. Also dont capture it or let anyone

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]