An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By SuperNova
Doc95 wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:10 am
OMG, I think you fired your front light Supernova

By the way, how did you remove the QR code?
Yea may be it did fire. Well, it happens :D
For the QR code holder i used pliers. The screws aren't that tight and its almost impossible to find a torx wrench with that size.
By Taylork5969
Ive got specs for the 590 and any repair advice necessary for fixing the bird one as a former mech, i just dont have the software knowledge to flash the motor controller and current brain using stlink to command the scooter using oem parts.
By SuperNova
Taylork5969 wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:43 am
Ive got specs for the 590 and any repair advice necessary for fixing the bird one as a former mech, i just dont have the software knowledge to flash the motor controller and current brain using stlink to command the scooter using oem parts.
Its great to have a bird mechanic in the forum, thanks for posting. What are the watts of the OEM controller and why does it run better, than the aftermarket ones?
Also, will the scooter go faster, if i use a 500w controller?

Thanks in advance
By Pashko90
Increasing Current is acceleration gain, voltage is max speed. But without thermal control(wire white from motor wheel) you may fry you motor wheel. I'm working on it.
By Pashko90
Hey guys! Is anyone have uncut wiring harnes from head of the scooter? I did cut mine, but didn't save a diagram :( I drow approx diagram, is anyone can confirm it? Image
By NeedNewUsername
Hello!
I am completely new here and have no experience about working on scooters or electrician knowledge. But I have a Bird 590 One now and want to convert it.
I saw Samzones Videos, (thanks Samzone!!) But I still have a lot of Questions .

-Why is it possible to use the controller without the need to install a new Circuit board, too?
(the Board where the gps was attached)? I just don‘t get it.

-Do I have to use a Display and will it work if I dont?

-Did anyone successfully (or partially successfully) only change the circuit board to a M365 board without changing something in the bottom part and made the Bird run?

-if I can use the one 590 without a circuit board when I install a new controller, WHY does the original controller not work without a circuit board? Isn’t it technically the same..? :?:

Thank you so much in advance for every Answer if you know the answer to one or some of the questions!!!! :)

I would also love if someone who has experience with a Bird 590 and can help would text me!
+49 176 20598602
By SuperNova
That board on the top has the main function of locating the scooter with the app and it is paired with the original controller somehow. When you remove it, you are disabling the function of the gps, bluetooth and commnunication with the controller.
I dont know if the scooter will work with new controller, but without screen. Mine is with a screen.
Someone to correct me, if i'm wrong about something. :D
By NeedNewUsername
@SuperNova Thank you for your answer! So this means, the original controller in the rental- Bird One is not just an „universal controller“ they Built in? It can definitely only function together with the Bird GPS Circuit board?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]