An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By tone_loc88
I can't seem to find any info anywhere online about these link e scooters that are all over my city. can't seem to figure out what/if any is the personal scooter model equivalent version of these? is it proprietarily made solely for link? if so does that mean that one could not be converted to personal scooter, in theory of course. has anyone out there converted one of these?
By CDogg
tone_loc88 wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 7:56 pm
I can't seem to find any info anywhere online about these link e scooters that are all over my city. can't seem to figure out what/if any is the personal scooter model equivalent version of these? is it proprietarily made solely for link? if so does that mean that one could not be converted to personal scooter, in theory of course. has anyone out there converted one of these?
I'm actually working on a conversion of one, only using the frame, wheels, and battery pack (minus the link bms and installing a 48v bms to balance charge)

I started using a Flipsky ESC 4.2 but decided that I didn't want to figure out the display so I switched to a Brainpower 500w ESC using a KT display instead. Keeping the massive battery was a priority, but I couldn't find anything online about flashing the bms so that it would just work (it seems to turn off power from the battery unless the GPS unit tells it to turn on) so I'm only keeping the stuff I know can be used and getting rid of anything that was used by the rental co. Essentially, you need; a 500-1500w 48v controller with compatible display, and a 48v bms.
By CDogg
tone_loc88 wrote:
A word of WARNING regarding LINK Rentals:
A friend of mine found one of these in a tow yard impound. He removed the obvious GPS IoT and proceeded to take it home. A couple hours later, the Cops were knocking on his door with a Link employee. Apparently, Link Superpedestrian now uses 2 GPS tags to track their units.
Be Warned!
By heyni
Can you provide any guidance on what gps tags need to be removed? Where they are and what they look like.

It sounds like to get one of these converted I need to remove the BMS and ESC and replace with suitable new ones. Any suggestions on what to buy?

Sorry, I am a new to this type of project. Thanks.
By Jerobikelink
CDogg wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:16 am
tone_loc88 wrote:
I'm actually working on a conversion of one, only using the frame, wheels, and battery pack (minus the link bms and installing a 48v bms to balance charge)

I started using a Flipsky ESC 4.2 but decided that I didn't want to figure out the display so I switched to a Brainpower 500w ESC using a KT display instead. Keeping the massive battery was a priority, but I couldn't find anything online about flashing the bms so that it would just work (it seems to turn off power from the battery unless the GPS unit tells it to turn on) so I'm only keeping the stuff I know can be used and getting rid of anything that was used by the rental co. Essentially, you need; a 500-1500w 48v controller with compatible display, and a 48v bms.
Estoy trabajando tambien en uno ....

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]