An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
Superbird wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:16 pm
No need to steal batters plenty fro. Electronic recyclers I got a 4 pack of ninebot batteries made 72v pack runs my full sized scooter just need to figure out throttle going to try on small scooter :D https://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-of-4-Inter ... 6339311008
He’s a good ebayer I got some es4 stuff from him & used a internal battery on the side of my m365
Im not jumping anybodies sh*t, Im just saying....I come from a land where you cant trust anybody. And I feel that MOST people with a surplus of Bird scooter batteries probably got them by stealing bird scooters.
Its a philosophy called Occam's razor. The simplest explanation is usually the correct explanation. I dont care how good an ebay rating is. That rating isnt earned by how you acquire your goods but rather by how you sell them. In this case...cheap. And Im sure they get shipped fast. I dunno. I shouldnt judge, but if I was working for the company doing loss prevention, I would start my investigation with sh*t like that. If it floats in a lake, has feathers, and a bill for a mouth and goes quack quack....i would bet you its a cat, right?
nah fool. its a duck.

but wtf do i know. im just sharing my thoughts homies.
LAskooter213 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:48 pm
So, my take away from this conversation is that you let someone else steal them for you and then sell them to you on ebay? Jeeze.
Ive always loved that "side step the issue"attitude. You think you got moral high ground for purchasing the sh*t online...obviously stolen bro...cmon...you aint dumb. If you really think about it, buying batteries online will only promote more theft, as the ebay seller will be inclined to go harvest more batteries and sell them...being that they are 100% profit, its a great way for them to make money. So in the end more sh*t will get took while some prick stands on his soapbox and says "im not a thief!" You aint no better than the dude stealin the sh*t, homie. Its actually probably worse.
My take? If you want to jack the sh*t, go do it. These companies leave their little scooters on the streets, unsecured, with next to no deterrent...its a bad business model. Who does that? Its like me selling jewelry in the hood for no money down just promise to pay me next month. Ya right. I would go under real quick. Love it or hate it, people will steal. Its a simple fact. Imagine a Rite-Aid didnt bother to pay rent on a building, they just leave a box of Advil in a pile on the corner and have you scan it and pay for it with your cell phone. Ha. Out of business in a week. (unless they had a bunch of rich investors).. See, they got a security guard, alarm tags, security camera, locking display racks for expensive sh*t. These companies spend a lot on loss prevention. Because that is the cost of doing business. Plain and simple. These scooter companies give no fucks. Its a joke. I dare to say that if you dont jack that scooter, someone else will. Im just being real.
And if you are like me and are not cool with stealing, good for you. Its a good way to be. Karma will always catch up with you. And stealing isnt right, you wouldnt want someone to steal from you, right? But, look, I dont judge either way. People will do what they do. So CAN you take an external battery from a lyft es4? Well, of course you can. Youll need the right tools though. SHOULD you? Thats up to you, homie. Only you know whats best for you.

And by the way....you know how you can always spot a thief.....they are the one going around saying that they aint no thief and they the first to lecture you on how its SO wrong to steal. And thats some real talk for you motherf***ers. Keep it real homies, and whatever you do, be safe out there. peace

God Bless.
Word
jamiesj410 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:51 pm
Superbird wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:16 pm
No need to steal batters plenty fro. Electronic recyclers I got a 4 pack of ninebot batteries made 72v pack runs my full sized scooter just need to figure out throttle going to try on small scooter :D https://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-of-4-Inter ... 6339311008
He’s a good ebayer I got some es4 stuff from him & used a internal battery on the side of my m365

Lol, he's a good ebayer because he sold you parts that worked? And how does that make those parts acquired legally? Man, your tripping with your 'look the other way' tactic. Most likely it's like dude said, and he's making bank off selling hot goods to imbeciles like you for fast cash, 100% gains.
Superbird wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:39 pm
They have a warehouse full of jump scooters they are selling sitting on packing foam they look legit would not buy if I thought they were stolen they would be pretty stupid to use bird name in listing bird would contact them if they didnt know them. Check there other items have frames and everything I'll ask where they get them
Actually not. If you look into it, said company has no asset recovery in place. In fact they prefer to not go that route. They are surviving on investor money. Having asset recovery is bad business for them as it publicises that they are getting scooters stolen, they want to keep that info hidden from investors. Cuz that just makes investors hesitant or wanna back out. That's why you haven't heard of one person being charged or sought after. Now Lyft or other companies is another story. They aren't surviving on seed money and what not, they already have other revenue streams
Superbird wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:39 pm
They have a warehouse full of jump scooters they are selling sitting on packing foam they look legit would not buy if I thought they were stolen they would be pretty stupid to use bird name in listing bird would contact them if they didnt know them. Check there other items have frames and everything I'll ask where they get them
You said they have Warehouse full of Jump scooters but are listing them as bird parts... Does that sound honest and up front to you? They are just putting as much key words as they can in the title so idiots like you who don't know the scooters model number, can still find parts from scooters you stole off the street but weren't savvy enough to find out it's maker. You guys are some oblivious, ignorant hillbilly's or something lol

And you say bird would contact them if they didn't know them? Lol seriously, you think apple contacts everyone selling iPhones on eBay? Or even better example, you think direct TV contacts everyone selling their sh*t online? That is a rediculous argument to make my dude...
The answer is, maybe. But it wont be plug and play. You will get error code 42. You might be able to flash bms or some other sort of hardware mod like removing a fuse. Dont waste your time or money with used/stolen scooters. In the end you will end up spending same amount as a new scooter but you will have a used and abused, nonfolding, karma killing bag of dicks. Dont step over a dollar to pick up a dime. Now thats "real talk" you dig. Lol.
Dam have I missed reading sh*t from LA, the dude is straight up real and I needed a good laugh today. The past few months have sucked worse than the loss prevention of these scooter companies. But back to building my 56v Max, it’s gonna be sick.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]