An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By Dakarek
I have a working screen, it turned out that the small battery has discharged. It shows speed, but the red "X" and the red light are flashing and the battery in the display is empty.
By FrogmanMJ
servacy wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:29 am
TheElevator wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:17 pm
servacy wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:06 am

Yes, I used Win 10 laptop and took out SIM card from black box.I used this program:

The pins are connected to the ST-Link like this:

Basically they go to the controller in reverse order, so when you look at controller from this perspective

brown goes to first pin from the bottom, then goes red, then orange and then yellow.
Thanks for doing the job of writing it all down! This is awesome :)

I actually did everything the same ... But maybe my controller is just broken. I will test it again with a different controller and hope that it works then :D
The last picture is taken from M20001 instructions. Check another controller and another ST-Link if you get errors, and let us know.
Hi servacy
I did exactly the same thing. I tried all the PINs and it didn't work. I also opened the cover and looked at the ST-Link V2 connection in that USB, and on the cover it is written differently than the Connections inside. So I tried to connect it correctly and I still have an error message. I also bought the original ST-Link V2 and tried it with it. Also comes the error message. The LED inside is 7x blinking when connected...
May I ask you how you get it connected? Which cables, which batteries and such? I have already spent 9 hours slowly and still nothing :( What do you mean by the fact that maybe a second controller will be needed?
Thank you
By mayaku
I played around with the motor controller and figured out that it is running without any other component with the 25km/h unlocked firmware :D :D :D
You just need a battery, a throttle and of course the motor.
To switch it on it needs only 3.3V - 5V on the blue line ;)
Just haven't figured out how to switch it off again :lol:

By FrogmanMJ
Ok. I figured it out with the Can not connect to target! message.

Thanks to mayaku in this post

viewtopic.php?p=54736#p54736

You don't need another ST-LINK V2 (as I bought). You need just to reset controller on Pin 7 with ground from ST-LINK. After reset I was able to do all. Maybe you will have message, that there is read out protection.

Disable Read Out Protection and retry.

In order to unprotect the chip with ST-LINK, one has to click Target -> Option Bytes: -> change Read-Out Protection - Disabled.

Then it is possible to switch to System memory (0x1FFFF800) and see firmware binary:
Flashing is possible now.

Thanks a lot and enjoy the solution 🙂

Greetings
By servacy
FrogmanMJ wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:14 am
servacy wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:29 am
TheElevator wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:17 pm

Thanks for doing the job of writing it all down! This is awesome :)

I actually did everything the same ... But maybe my controller is just broken. I will test it again with a different controller and hope that it works then :D
The last picture is taken from M20001 instructions. Check another controller and another ST-Link if you get errors, and let us know.
Hi servacy
I did exactly the same thing. I tried all the PINs and it didn't work. I also opened the cover and looked at the ST-Link V2 connection in that USB, and on the cover it is written differently than the Connections inside. So I tried to connect it correctly and I still have an error message. I also bought the original ST-Link V2 and tried it with it. Also comes the error message. The LED inside is 7x blinking when connected...
May I ask you how you get it connected? Which cables, which batteries and such? I have already spent 9 hours slowly and still nothing :( What do you mean by the fact that maybe a second controller will be needed?
Thank you
There are some discussions on the forum about it and apparently some controllers are protected or something. That is why I mentioned trying another controller. But the solution may by resetting the controller by grounding pin 7 on controller's main chipset. Check: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6233&start=100

But to be honest I am now confused because after about 2 weeks my scooter stopped working and flashing it again does not do anything. So my beginning was unproblematic and now I came back to the state that many people describe here as a starting state, when they flash everything succesfully but nothing happens and they still cannot ride.
By servacy
FrogmanMJ wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:52 pm
Hi. Still nothing new? My one stopped working after 3 days. Is going about 30 sec. til 1 min. and then stopping...
Actually, my scooter started working again after I kept it turned off for couple of days. Strange. I do not know what to think about it.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]