An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By MAX06
M20001 wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:42 am
Or you use the unlocked firmware for the lime gen 3 so you do not need to buy a new controller and can use the
original controller and display. The only thing not so good is that you cannot turn off the lights of the scooter
but you can workaround that by installing a switch for the light.
So if I want to use the unlocked firmware I just have to take of the SIM?
thank you
By MAX06
M20001 wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:09 am
Hello,

Yes you only have to remove the sim and flash the motor controller, then you can drive the scooter.
Ok thank you. I have one in my street haha. If I turn off the console, they won't be able to localise the lim? it's like a phone with a sim? as they will localise the last emplacement where the lime was on?? thank you
By M20001
Hello,

If you remove the sim they cannot localise the scooter anymore, they only know the last place the scooter was as you
removed the sim. PLEASE DO NOT THEFT SCOOTERS!!! Its better to see for two broken scooters and make from two broken
scooters one working. Or see for a city who was left by lime there will be thousands of usless scooters in the streets.
By MAX06
M20001 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:00 am
Hello,

If you remove the sim they cannot localise the scooter anymore, they only know the last place the scooter was as you
removed the sim. PLEASE DO NOT THEFT SCOOTERS!!! Its better to see for two broken scooters and make from two broken
scooters one working. Or see for a city who was left by lime there will be thousands of usless scooters in the streets.
No; of course, I will take broken!!! but they will research those too I think.. You wanted to say they only know the last place The Console is on? after this don't communicates anymore? thank you
By M20001
hello,

no, even when the box is on, without sim card it is not possible to locate it. Lime does not repair the scooters in germany i
do not know how it is in your country but in germany the scooter are as the same classified as cars, and motorcycles and if
you want to repair such a vehicle for bussiness you need a special license, if you do not have this license you are not allowed
to repair the vehicles. The scooters fall under this law and people who have this license are expensive and have permission to repair cars and motorcycles too, so why should they repair e scooters for lime, if they can earn the 10x money with repairing cars. So it is in germany simply to expensive for lime to repair the scooters.
By ramsesp
M20001 wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:51 pm
i do not know how it is in your country but in germany the scooter are as the same classified as cars, and motorcycles and if
you want to repair such a vehicle for bussiness you need a special license, if you do not have this license you are not allowed
to repair the vehicles. The scooters fall under this law and people who have this license are expensive and have permission to repair cars and motorcycles too, so why should they repair e scooters for lime, if they can earn the 10x money with repairing cars. So it is in germany simply to expensive for lime to repair the scooters.
Sorry, it‘s completely untrue: you don‘t need a license to repair cars, motorcycles or scooters in Germany (and I should know, repairing cars is a part of my business). It‘s just to expensive to repair scooters. Lime buys them for around €350 net and so it´s much cheaper to replace a broken scooter than to repair.
Last edited by ramsesp on Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
By ramsesp
Djscrut wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:55 am
Hi my friends thank you very much for your message. Were you able to keep the original meter? Do you have any pictures? Video? Thank you
Nope, the original meter don‘t work, It seems to be propriety. I didn‘t provide any pics of the converted scooters. it has a special painting and so it‘s too easy to recognize it on the streets ;-)
By M20001
Hello,

You need a license called "Meisterbrief" to open a workshop in germany. If you do not have this Meisterbrief you are not
allowed to repair motorised vehicles driven by others than you. There are some other problems for lime too, it needs too much time to repair the scooters, too much electronic inside the scooters, too expensive storage room for parts and sworkshop, and many other.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]