An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By cenfl
Well I just received that pentagon security bit from fullcompass and it doesn't fit. It's just slightly too big. I think it still may work though if I use a hammer to force the bit in, cause it looks like it's just slightly too big. If that doesn't work, I may try to file it down or find some kind of grinder.
By cenfl
themob wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:24 pm
can you post amazon or ebay link? I did bought but it not fit
You can get it to fit with a file. Takes a little time and patience, but completely doable for even non crafty people like myself.
By Mrp312
Just drill then out.

I recently did this with a Spin snsc 2.0. Even the screws that hold handlebars on are an odd security shape (5 sided, looks like a house a kid draws.)

It took a bit but start with a small bit, drill as far as you can into center of bolt, and repeat with a larger bit (a bit just smaller than the bolt) and you will get it.
By cenfl
XavWolffe wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:50 am
I went a different direction... drilled out the center post of the screws and used an extractor.

worked like a charm, bought replacements from Ace Hardware in their specialty item bins.
Mrp312 wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:38 am
Just drill then out.

I recently did this with a Spin snsc 2.0. Even the screws that hold handlebars on are an odd security shape (5 sided, looks like a house a kid draws.)

It took a bit but start with a small bit, drill as far as you can into center of bolt, and repeat with a larger bit (a bit just smaller than the bolt) and you will get it.
I drilled mine out as well initially, but afterward I was really curious about the pentagon screws and it became kind of a challenge to find a bit that works for them. Also, you can never have too many tools and who knows when I may need the bit again(which was actually this weekend).
By Drillerdave
So has anyone figured it out have have one heading my way and would love to get it up and running this weekend .....any info would be appreciated
By UnicycleSanta
Drillerdave wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:44 am
So has anyone figured it out have have one heading my way and would love to get it up and running this weekend .....any info would be appreciated
Dont go the BLDC method, for a scooter this nice its not worth it. Get a VESC and configure it with field oriented control and regenerative braking. Furthermore you can install a 3 dollar bluetooth module to connect to the free app which shows speed, range, current draw, voltage, load, etc. TBH it will perform better than a stock Max.
By Koolkidcharles
We’re still waiting for the Chinese factories to make a clone cirucit board for the ninebot Max. Then we need stock firmware to flash but that shouldn’t be hard... we just need someone to extract and make a copy of the firmware from their personal ninebot max

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]