An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
Mynakedrat wrote:
Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:24 pm
wait... is it known yet how to flash the firmware back to previous version?

DOES ANYONE HAVE AN OLDER sj2.5 that can dump their firmware for us?

Sadly this topic along with the Bird Zero/ES100/ES200 are dead the top dogs in the forums that was cracking don't seem to get on anymore.
TheJoker187 wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:25 am
No, on discord we haven't find anything yet. I'm working on a repo to interface a Raspberry Pi to the motor controller and dump/reflash the firmware. I Will keep you guys updated on that. I sent ZipperZ a dump of the patched fw, Hope he figure something out.
Keep me updated I'll help you beta test I have 6 Raspberry Pis
I have two 2.5 Scooters, one with the old firmware (I have been able to unlock it with my arduino and Bluetooth module) and one presumably with the newer firmware (I can turn the light on and off but it won't unlock the motor).

The one that I was able to unlock is now not responding to serial codes and only displays the 06e error on the dash. Has anyone had this issue or would maybe be able to help me out? I'm not well versed in coding but I have made it this far and would like to finish the project up. Below is a real term reading from both Scooters, and I'd also be willing to help people out that need comparisons between the two firmwares to crack the new code.

Old Firmware Unresponsive to Serial Inputs (annotated the bytes that change based on the scooter: throttle, brake, etc)

New Firmware:

Thank you very much, and if someone could help me out that would be much appreciated!
Javi30 wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:00 am
I have two 2.5 Scooters, one with the old firmware (I have been able to unlock it with my arduino and Bluetooth module) and one presumably with the newer firmware (I can turn the light on and off but it won't unlock the motor).

The one that I was able to unlock is now not responding to serial codes and only displays the 06e error on the dash. Has anyone had this issue or would maybe be able to help me out? I'm not well versed in coding but I have made it this far and would like to finish the project up. Below is a real term reading from both Scooters, and I'd also be willing to help people out that need comparisons between the two firmwares to crack the new code.

Old Firmware Unresponsive to Serial Inputs (annotated the bytes that change based on the scooter: throttle, brake, etc)

New Firmware:

Thank you very much, and if someone could help me out that would be much appreciated!
First of all - images are not loading properly, maybe some issue of imgur, but I don't see them.
Second - 06E error seems to be common, and my solutions for it is always give a signal to controller. On normal Lime scooters seen in the city is disappearing after sending any command or restart green box (scooter). When signal comes to controller from green box, 06E is changing (disappearing) to 00,0 what is speedometer and ready for ride.
Also, when any controller I had tested and display shows 06E, it's just a simple, any command to it to "wake up" it. It seems to be locked after 10-20 minutes to 06E as security, to not ride on unlocked scooter, when someone leave it. Sometimes this 06E appear after I stop ride, and this 10 minutes time of inactivity don't count. But it seems to be exception.

To sum up:
- 06E should disappear when you send any command to controller (on, light off, light on, etc.) - the best way is to program device that sends some command interval 2-7 minutes.
- 06E should disappear after restarting scooter (this is option with green box)

And...
If you know command to enable scooter in newer version, please give some info. Thank you
Mick Ray wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:22 am
To sum up:
- 06E should disappear when you send any command to controller (on, light off, light on, etc.) - the best way is to program device that sends some command interval 2-7 minutes.

And...
If you know command to enable scooter in newer version, please give some info. Thank you
That’s the thing.. my 06e isn’t going away when I send a code (light on code works on my new firmware scooter but the one with the old firmware isn’t receiving the codes anymore)

Imgur link to pictures, and I’ll try to post them in line here as well: https://imgur.com/gallery/06ES1z4

Old firmware realterm:

New firmware realterm:
Javi30 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:25 am

That’s the thing.. my 06e isn’t going away when I send a code (light on code works on my new firmware scooter but the one with the old firmware isn’t receiving the codes anymore)
What sequence of code you are sending, can you write it here? Images now are ok, maybe imgur and some their problems. But there I can't see proper code to send. Maybe I miss something?
I’ve got my sJ 2.5 working with a BLE adapter. Is anyone seeing the battery charge drop fairly fast while not being used? I send the off command, but the power supply and BLE adapter light stays on. I’m wondering if the psu is drawing down the power, or is it something else? Should I put a switch on the ground from scooter to psu?
Javi30 wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:25 am
Mick Ray wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 11:22 am
To sum up:

And...

Imgur link to pictures, and I’ll try to post them in line here as well: https://imgur.com/gallery/06ES1z4

Old firmware realterm:

New firmware realterm:
Hello Is it possible to save through st-link v2 a old firmware scooter and put on a new scooter on which the engine does not work and try to start the engine? Does the scooter work with STM32 controller?
I have Lime sj2. 5 SANTR_FW_2.4.26_20191119100000

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]