An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By Peter Meter
Update 30.04.2020:
Check out this theard for the Voiager 2.

Dear scootertalker!

I want to speak and collect informations about the
VOI Voiager 1 Scooter
that is used in Germany and (maybe) will be used in Europe.

Voiager 1:

Let's see what we already know about the Voiager 1:

What is the Voi Voiager 1 and where does it come from?
BehrWtf6 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:34 am
Voi’s “Voiager 1”, which has been designed in Sweden but is manufactured by Chinese firm HongJi, has brakes, indicator lights, a more durable drive chain and can withstand much greater impact. While its current scooters reportedly only last for six weeks on the streets (although Soderberg claims they last longer than that), this could drastically improve Voi’s margins.

Source: https://sifted.eu/articles/scooter-star ... -hardware/

Is the Voi Voiager 1 Scooter, a good scooter? (different opinions)
JonDon wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:21 pm
The Voi Voiager 1 is mostly generic cheap components in a very, very heavy frame. This is properly the worst fleet scooter deployed in Germany right now. You can replace the motor controller, but I think its not worth the hassle. The Voiager 1 motor controller and battery are filled up with silicone, the back wheel is using a permanent security nut, almost all parts are heavily glued together. This thing is built to not be repaired.
Risitas98 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:43 pm
Voi are not the worst scooters actually. I have lime 2.5 gen in my city and the quality is much worse than voiager 1. Lime scooters are all broken and the brake is the worst. No electromagnetic brake on lime. Most shared e-scooter use cheap parts and strong body.

Where is the GPS/GSM tracker in the Voiager 1?
JonDon wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:21 pm
The only thing that's easy to disassemble is actually the GPS tracker box (you can rip it off the scooter, just held by two screws).

What's more to know about the "GPS/GSM tracker and bluetooth"-module?
BehrWtf6 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:32 am
After fiddling around with the GPS tracker I came to the conclusion that the bluetooth module also sits on this board, as I was able to verify this with a bluetooth scanner and the tracker PCB connected to it's backup battery - located in a different room than the scooter itself.

The GPS tracker board seems to be a bit longer and has 2 SMC antennas (GPS, GSM), and connects by a
5 pin plug. If you connect this board the battery display (picture attached) on top of the steering bar lights up.
JayyBee wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:28 am
that one is an
IoT-Device
it mean it is an main gsm comtrolled and gps protected board it can lock and unlock via gsm codes :) or an master ( i think gsm LAN or van or so) access, and nearfield Bluetooth receiver connector is on the side...

Which controller is installed and against which controller can we change it?
JonDon wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:13 am
Here the photos from all the Voi Voiager 1 internals. imgur.com album
JonDon wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:29 am
A dashboard is only necessary for the GPS and unlock function or as a user interface. All other functions are controlled by the motor controller. The generic motor controllers just use a switch to power on.
One "easy" way to make the Voi scooter work is to replace the controller with a generic 36V controller. But you still have to rewire everything. The other option would be to jump start the original controller. It doesn't seem very sophisticated and they probably just use the silicone to prevent that. But figuring out how to do it is for sure more difficult than just rewiring a generic controller!

How to change the controller?
YouTube Video

Some more pictures of the Voiager 1:
BehrWtf6 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:18 pm

GPS/GSM tracker, bluetooth module:

The scooter without the "GPS/GSM tracker and bluetooth module"-board:

If you connect the "GPS/GSM tracker, bluetooth module (and maybe also the controller)"-board, the battery display lights up:

Which questions do we have?
BehrWtf6 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 12:32 am
- Can this still be a Segway version just with deactivated on-board bluetooth so this is done by the tracker? Or maybe a completely different scooter and developed by Voi?
- Where can we buy a used Voiager 1/1.1 (German Edition)?
- We don't know anything/much about the Voiager 1.1 yet. Every information would be good.

I opened up this theard to gather all the information together, so people don't have to search the whole internet for it.

I hope some of you are interested in this theard and the Voi Voiager 1. If you have more informations/pictures of the scooter, it would be nice if you share them with us!

It's my first theard so please give me some feedback and sorry for my not perfect English.

I know these are just quotes from other users, so all credits to them.
Last edited by Peter Meter on Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:34 am, edited 13 times in total.
Voi are not the worst scooters actually. I have lime 2.5 gen in my city and the quality is much worse than voiager 1. Lime scooters are all broken and the brake is the worst. No electromagnetic brake on lime. Most shared e-scooter use cheap parts and strong body.
Risitas98 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:43 pm
Thank you for the reply, I will put your opinion to the post.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]