An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By solarwasser
Just a short Howto. Its easy and it works. If you want your own Lime this is for you.

1. Rent a Lime Scooter
2. Drive outside of the parking zone.
3. Now open the green box at the front with the speakers in it.
4. Remove the SIM card.
5. Voila the Lime will stay unlocked forever, sometimes it reboots but not really often.

Have fun with your new Lime.
I will post more detailed description later but this by far the most easiest way to make a sharing scooter to a personal one.
By solarwasser
rowanyoung wrote:No it does not stay locked forever, it will reboot after some time and you will be locked out..
Nope it will stay unlocked after reboot friend of mine driving his scooter for weeks now.
By M20001
The better way is:

Search for two broken scooters and pick them then make from two one working scooter. Lime doesnt repair the scooters because repair is more expensive than replacing, so thousands of good parts are in broken scooters and if nobody takes care of them they will be disposed.
By M20001
rowanyoung wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:25 pm
No it does not stay locked forever, it will reboot after some time and you will be locked out..
Hello,

No, it doesn´t lock, if the Lime Gen3 is unlocked, it stays unlocked, even if the Battery gets removed from the controller,
if you put the battery on the scooter, it starts after plugging a charger and is unlocked again.
By Sc00tr
IRebel wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:57 pm
Wait your tellin me this unlocked lime I found dead the other night is mine now?!!!
no wtf if you find someones car on the street not working that doesn't mean its yours

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]