An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By Bastholm
Just wanna let you guys know that the battery (i´m not a BMS geek or anything) is only working when using the scooter. Took one battery out and tried to use it with my ebike and it cut off power after 5 seconds. All the rental scooters have the same kind of BMS. So if you want to use the battery, you need to solder a new bms on
By Vitalii
There is progress with the development of the code . Now I can turn on the display, light, and wireless charging . The wheel is running, and the speed byte is found (you can increase the maximum speed ) . The main problem at the moment is blocking the battery under load . We continue our research
By Cordobas
Vitalii wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:44 am
There is progress with the development of the code . Now I can turn on the display, light, and wireless charging . The wheel is running, and the speed byte is found (you can increase the maximum speed ) . The main problem at the moment is blocking the battery under load . We continue our research
Good job !
👏👏🍷
By TECHNIKIAL
The lock of the battery compartment is controlled via a Serial connection. The pinout:
Red=3V
Orange=RX
Brown=TX
Grey=Ground
Unfortunately I'm not a Tier Ranger, so I cannot readout the Serial communication.
By lexfire
Hello @Vitalii ,

I'm getting back to you about your research you and your team ! How is the "unlocking ES400 going today" ? Any news ?

Thank you for your answer !
By screwyourscrew
Vitalii wrote:
I think this is the same behavior of the battery in the older ES200. Here the Battery needed a 'stay alive message' every 5 sec in order to not cut the power.
It was pretty easy to figure out the message (always the same few bytes) by recording the communication between the esc and the battery in an unlocked scooter.
Maybe something similar is possible here?
By AlexanderHusta
screwyourscrew wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:26 pm
Vitalii wrote:
I think this is the same behavior of the battery in the older ES200. Here the Battery needed a 'stay alive message' every 5 sec in order to not cut the power.
It was pretty easy to figure out the message (always the same few bytes) by recording the communication between the esc and the battery in an unlocked scooter.
Maybe something similar is possible here?
I am sorry to say but the part of your post claiming that the keep alive signal is always the same few bytes is wrong. The ES200 uses some kind of rolling code as a heart beat between IoT and BMS. Each heartbeat message differs from the ones before. Afaik this code was yet not broken.
By screwyourscrew
AlexanderHusta wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:12 pm
I am sorry to say but the part of your post claiming that the keep alive signal is always the same few bytes is wrong. The ES200 uses some kind of rolling code as a heart beat between IoT and BMS. Each heartbeat message differs from the ones before. Afaik this code was yet not broken.
This is not the case for the ES200G. I know this for a fact, because I logged it myself. The motor controller sends 0x3A, 0x13, 0x01, 0x16, 0x79 every five sec, to which the battery replies with a status report (the reply changes, depenging on various factors, but its not important, if you just want to keep the battery from blocking you can ignore the reply alltoghether.)

I've used the battery in a different project, and by just feeding it with this signal every 5 sec it works perfectly fine.
Edit: ES200G, not E200G

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]