An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By Jayra
fast kill wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:43 am
Good evening,
I am following the developpement as I legally picked up a tier es400 that was impounded.

I hooked up a 1000w controller and I noticed 2 things:
1) there are 6 hall sensors wires and the controller only has 5, I found a combination that seems to work as the wheel spins but If i go full throttle directly, the motor stops and jams while doing some noise, so I have to accelerate very slowly until I can go full throttle. Any idea why? And how to overcome this?

2) the max speed seems to be limited, could it be the motor itself? And how to bypass that ?

I also bypassed the BMS as there is current limiting that would not allow it to run on that controller otherwise.
Could you tell us how you did it? I'm sitting with a similar battery at the moment with current limiting.
By Knast187
Vitalii wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:42 pm
No current limiting :mrgreen:
Im a novice in this area, i wanted to use this battery to power my e-bike. But i guess it is not use plug and play then? I need to bypass the limiter and then what? f**k to be it seems a new bms would be easier if i want to use this battery with a differenr controller?
By sunny
fast kill wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:43 am
Good evening,
I am following the developpement as I legally picked up a tier es400 that was impounded.

I hooked up a 1000w controller and I noticed 2 things:
1) there are 6 hall sensors wires and the controller only has 5, I found a combination that seems to work as the wheel spins but If i go full throttle directly, the motor stops and jams while doing some noise, so I have to accelerate very slowly until I can go full throttle. Any idea why? And how to overcome this?

2) the max speed seems to be limited, could it be the motor itself? And how to bypass that ?

I also bypassed the BMS as there is current limiting that would not allow it to run on that controller otherwise.
Can you please give the instructions on how to bypass the BMS please. I bought the es400 battery from eBay thinking that I can use it on by bike.But for me it seems impossible to get any kind of voltage out of that weird looking port. the battery percentage is showing 48% .
i though of completely opening the battery and rebuilding a new one with the cells .But, as you may have noticed the entire battery is pumped with somekind of liquid rubber.
By sunny
konkret wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:49 am
Gemalge wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:43 pm
Could anyone who already has a ES400 make a picture of the opened battery compartment and the lock?
I would have guessed that this odd looking bolt has something to do with the lock of the battery compartment, but I'm unable to turn it. Is it locked by the electronics?
On the scooters I've seen it doesn't seem to be possible to insert any type of tool In the gap of the battery lid.

Sorry about the quality.
Does anyone have any pics from an already opened battery compartment including pics of the lock?
I did open the battery compartment but I kind of made a cut on the Screws around it with my multifunctional tool and then rotated gently with a flathead screwdriver. The battery compartment is electronically locked. There is no way around to get to the battery.
By sunny
Vitalii wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:15 pm
Plise help unlock battery es400 :|
[/quote]

HI Vitalii, Can you Explain a bit more detail how to bypass the BMS.
By Jayra
sunny wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 5:39 am
Vitalii wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:42 pm
No current limiting :mrgreen:
How did you remove the rubber filling inorder to take the battery out?
Heat it up with a heatgun, but not too much.
It becomes soft and hot easily peeled, but if it melts it becomes a sticky goo that won't dry.
By lexfire
Hello guys,

That's mean every ES-400 got a different starter and we can not share our code to others ? At least, if we want the code for the unlock, that's mean we need to snif the starter by unlocking with app from Tier ?! :mrgreen: ...
By Jayra
sunny wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 2:51 pm
konkret wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:49 am
Gemalge wrote:
Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:43 pm
Could anyone who already has a ES400 make a picture of the opened battery compartment and the lock?
I would have guessed that this odd looking bolt has something to do with the lock of the battery compartment, but I'm unable to turn it. Is it locked by the electronics?
On the scooters I've seen it doesn't seem to be possible to insert any type of tool In the gap of the battery lid.

Sorry about the quality.
Does anyone have any pics from an already opened battery compartment including pics of the lock?
I did open the battery compartment but I kind of made a cut on the Screws around it with my multifunctional tool and then rotated gently with a flathead screwdriver. The battery compartment is electronically locked. There is no way around to get to the battery.
So even if we get the lid up we can't remove the battery?
Got any internal photos?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]