An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By iMamba
ChrisB wrote:[quote=M365GUY post_id=57116 time=<a href="tel:1659486475" data-original-title="" title="">1659486475</a> user_id=76007]
Yea I’m definitely not saying it’s smart or safe to get these scooters going fast. You can obviously mess yourself up badly doing so. I’m more interested in pushing the limits just to see where the limits are. Plus having fast acceleration is just a cool feeling.

Let us know how it goes when you run the 75100 on a bird 2 motor. I think it’s going to be better than running it on the max motor.

And to the people having trouble charging after the BMS bypass. This is very common, can’t tell you why it happens but it does. Could be something to do with it not getting a signal from the other boards and just stops working. Your options are to change the BMS or take the huge risk and bulk charge using the discharge plug. I do not recommend doing this as you will have no protection at all and when the cells start to become unbalanced bad things will happen.
So replace the BMS, it’s not difficult.
I thought I replied after I installed the FS 75/100 in a bird 2 but apparently I didn't so better late than never.
Highly recommended sums it up. I'm using the stock 10s battery pack and I get 30-33mph ( yes mph) when using field weakening set to 45 amps. Without field weakening top speed is 22-24mph.

I see peaks of up to 3kw during acceleration and just above 1kw cruising at WOT. Without field weakening I get slightly less during acceleration but when cruising at WOT I only see 600w-900w. I do need to use some throttle management with field weakening because after three to four miles at WOT the motor heats up significantly. Without field weakening there is no heat issues.
Higher voltage would help the heat issues but this scooter will require some unique solution to add more cells for higher voltage. There isn't much room to add anything. I've been thinking about a way to accomplish this without looking totally ghetto, gonna be difficult so Im probably going to leave as is.[/quote]

Will the FS 75/100 work on a Lime Gen 4 sensorless wheel? With Field Weakening as well? Ready to purchase it now just want to be certain beforehand. Thanks!
By Algu73
Don't know why use a 350W controller with a 700W motor?
I tried BLDC boards like ZS-X11H v1.0 400W 36V board. It work fine but temp grow up so quickly. My BLDC is so neer of the battery, so I dislike high temp here.....
I tried another board, 700W this time. JYQD V7.5e. But I have problem with it. It start, run and as soon as I load the motor, it stop and never restart.... I don't know why.
The best would be to recycle native BLDC. the BIRD PCM V2_5. But I don't know how to connect command pin. Wich is write CL - CH - WA
By M365GUY
Hay that’s awesome to hear, maybe I can get you to help me out. I’m working on installing a 75/100 for a customer who bought a okai scooter with a 13s battery. Got everything installed and now I’m working on getting it tuned in vesc tool. Do I need the newer version to use field weakening?
By chevyfried
M365GUY wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:24 pm
Hay that’s awesome to hear, maybe I can get you to help me out. I’m working on installing a 75/100 for a customer who bought a okai scooter with a 13s battery. Got everything installed and now I’m working on getting it tuned in vesc tool. Do I need the newer version to use field weakening?
Any chance you can recommend a decent controller for me? Bought a salvaged bird 2 and trying to find a decent controller to use without needing to upgrade the battery. Is 36v 500w good or is there a better controller that will safely go fatser without overheating or failing? Found plenty of 36v/48v controllers on amazon/aliexpress but have no idea if one is better than the other...
By M365GUY
They are all piles of sh*t but they still work for the most part. Spend the money on a Flipsky 75100
By chevyfried
M365GUY wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:42 pm
They are all piles of sh*t but they still work for the most part. Spend the money on a Flipsky 75100
Does that work with 36v?
By M365GUY
You could just look at the specs for it to answer that but yes it works from like 18v to 90v.
By polm
Anybody tried to use can bus ? Listen messages, talk with motor controller ?
By ChrisB
M365GUY wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 12:24 pm
Yes, need to flash FW 5.3 to enable field weakening. Must disable filters under FOC afterwards though or magic smoke will be let out.
Need to use the new version of VESC tool as well.
I saw the new version of the 75/100 for $89 on AliExpress last night. Branded maker mark or something. Probably flipskys midnight shift.
By ChrisB
polm wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:25 pm
Anybody tried to use can bus ? Listen messages, talk with motor controller ?
I’ve tried both but no success.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]