An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By Chadiuss
M365GUY wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:57 pm
Why are people having to replace the BMS rather than just bypassing it and using during charge only? I have seen a few comments saying bypass isn't possible because all series connections go through the BMS. That doesn't even make sense. Maybe there are different versions but from what I see bypass is possible and rather simple. Only tested with no load amp draw at 2-3 but don't see anything that would indicate a issue.

This pack should be capable of a continuous amp load of 60 amps and 5-15 second bursts of close to 100. That is big power out of a fairly small and compact pack. 10s6p with LGMJ1 cells 3500ma 10 amp discharge. These cells are 7-9$ each if you can find them. Most sellers are out of stock. My guess is the Bird 2 costs bird over 1000$ usd per scooter to purchase. The tooling and casting molds to manufacture the frame I estimate cost hundreds of thousands. The bottom piece is made by aluminum extrusion and subtractive machining. I have found 2 major flaws in the design and to correct would require new tooling. ( A f**king very expensive mistake ) rental scooters need to be designed 3x as solid as you think. If you think it's good enough, double it and it might last. The big problem for bird is going to be when someone is injured when a scooter stem snaps and a review of the design is shown to have flaws that could cause injury.

Another reason they will never be profitable and will be gone in a few years.
Any pics of this?
By Chadiuss
M365GUY wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:33 am
You can leave the negative wire and just run a new short piece of red positive wire from the main battery nickel and splice it into the existing xt60 plug/wire.

The negative is just traced on BMS board, no control aspect though.

Where am I starting g the red wire that goes into the xt60? B+?
By Chadiuss
Pat & juju wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:51 pm
Chadiuss wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:39 pm
Will this method work?
Pm me for info on BMS bypass
Idk how to PM on here, is it a secret?
By M365GUY
If you take the fiberglass side covers off the battery pack you will see the nickel strip that connects the series packs. On the top you will see the main nickel strip positive and negative going to the BMS board. Check with a multimeter to make sure you have positive and negative correct and solder your wires directly to the nickel. You can either solder to the flat area of the nickel or where it comes up through the BMS.
By Pat & juju
Chadiuss wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:20 am
Pat & juju wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:51 pm
Chadiuss wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:39 pm
Will this method work?
Pm me for info on BMS bypass
Idk how to PM on here, is it a secret?
sh*t naw it ain’t no Secret tf ! tried posting vids but no luck same with pics trying to post links

Link 👇

https://youtu.be/pPxzcUe2CbI

Hopefully these vids can give a better understanding tho 8-) lmk
By Pat & juju
Video finally uploaded successfully !! Just sharing what I know as far as the bird 2 scooters go ..batt bypass /headlight function/back light function etc..

If my videos help in any way be sure to smash that sub button to stay updated on my latest videos mods etc.💪🙌
By Chadiuss
Pat & juju wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:14 am
Video finally uploaded successfully !! Just sharing what I know as far as the bird 2 scooters go ..batt bypass /headlight function/back light function etc..

If my videos help in any way be sure to smash that sub button to stay updated on my latest videos mods etc.💪🙌
What bit did you use for the center 6bolts in the deck?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]