An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
uvegpohar wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:23 am
Spottedbb wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:48 pm

You wouldn't happen to have a guide for this?

It's quite time consuming, but you need to completely take the scooter apart, remove the batter, extend the XT60 connector with a 100cm 16AWG wire, get a controller, strip its housing, shove it into the base of the scooter, extend the controller's throttle cables with a 140cm wire, shove it through near the rear lamp cable shaft, drill an extra hole as you can see on my pictures, get the motor cable through there down to the base, and finally get a 0.28" voltmeter and an LM2596HVS module to get this result:

• Can you draw some schematic wiring, how it looks connected "in the scooter" ?
  • What is that display, and why you have 2 switches?
Also, I have a questions about chinese controller. I saw that you screw it into deck.
  • How did you secured it after dismantle default radiatior. Is there any box or something, protecting this controller against water or dirt?
  • How did you put it, wasn't your hand too big? 0;)
Hey,
What is a simple way to replace a lime scooter with your own?
I wanted to do like BananaScience on YT (https://youtu.be/hf_KrEb76ZY?t=1064), but unfortunately I can't do it. After downloading the "ESC Dump.bin" file and inserting it into the program in the "Address" field, I have only one option available - not 3 as the author of the film. I think something is wrong, but I don't really know what's going on. Do you know how I can do it? Maybe you have other ideas? :)
uvegpohar wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:36 pm

It's quite time consuming, but you need to completely take the scooter apart, remove the batter, extend the XT60 connector with a 100cm 16AWG wire, get a controller, strip its housing, shove it into the base of the scooter, extend the controller's throttle cables with a 140cm wire, shove it through near the rear lamp cable shaft, drill an extra hole as you can see on my pictures, get the motor cable through there down to the base, and finally get a 0.28" voltmeter and an LM2596HVS module to get this result:

Hey, the two switches are for the main power (the big one, it cuts the negative battery wire going to the controller) and the voltmeter + lights (the smaller one). I'll try to draw a sketch later!

About the controller: the mosfets are screwed to a thick steel plate which is then screwed (by me) to the platform. Loctite comes handy, too. I extend the motor+hall sensor cable with the long wire originally tucked against the battery, that's how I manager to get the controller to the right position (aligned with the pre-drilled holes. It's a messed up process with elevated stress level, but pays off in the end!
Thank you for response. I will be waiting for your draw ;) It don't have to be professional, but I would like to see it.

Why big switch cuts negative, not positive battery wire?

I will be glad if you have some photos, how controller fits inside deck ;) Deck has about 33mm height. Chineese controller has about 38mm, so it will not fit without cut. But... If top or bottom part will be cut, it have about 31-33 mm height. So it can fit. Top part is better, because you can isolate from top by abthing, and bottom will be isolated by original radiator and sides also, so it will be in the box.

But this thick steel plate is screwed to radiator, it has grooves, cavities that will not adhere perfectly to the platform. Am I wrong?

Thank you
Sorry for separate post, but this is different question and I want it to be like this.

On original Lime controller, I have all commands working, but after 10 minutes dash shows 06E error and throttle is not working. It's like idle time and it freeze.
Then, if I send any command like, light on, light off or enable scooter it comes back to normal 0.00 kmh and working again.

Is there any way to skip or disable this? I can set in app to send command periodically ie 2 minutes, but when my phone lost connection, this error will be back. So this is not solution. Any other?

09E throttle problems (or not connected)
08E brake problem (or not connected)
07E motor problem (or not connected)
06E - ?

I don't use and don't have green box.
quote=LiquidSky post_id=20747 time=1588023498 user_id=23708]
knynxy@gmail.com wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:53 pm
So is that saying once you unplug the 3.7V ( backup[/u][/u][/u] GPS battery), then the GPS is disabled? Doesn't sound right but maybe there is other logic behind it.
PCB still reads sim ON, but there is no GPS signal.
[/quote]

ok so i have broke seven about to break the 8th one and it just does not work with removal of mentioned pieces on pcb. ok i approach scooter remove sticker on top of handle bars remove screws open top remove two transistors and then ground one out to board using a wire then unplug 3.7 battery. scoot does not go. red light turns off only green stays on but no go
if i just remove the two transistors the red light will continue non stop to blink but after like five sec the motor will unlock but no go and lights will turn on ect. every thing but go. Once the wire is added the red light is gone and only green is activated but no throttle. what am i doing wrong? there isnt going to be any more left so hopefully this sh*t it true
how do u actually try to make a "go" move? u know u have to spin the wheel first, right?
3,7 bat goes first, then ground, wire(at this point motor is unlocked), transistors(at this point the red goes off,), try to disconnect and reconnect the main wire until u can spin the wheel and push the throttle simultaneously and it goes.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]