An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
LiquidSky wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:28 pm
how do u actually try to make a "go" move? u know u have to spin the wheel first, right?
3,7 bat goes first, then ground, wire(at this point motor is unlocked), transistors(at this point the red goes off,), try to disconnect and reconnect the main wire until u can spin the wheel and push the throttle simultaneously and it goes.
Yes of course, I kick it to about 5 mph prior to trying the throttle. I'm actually not sure if I had exactly followed the order you have given in your last reply but I will definitely give it a try and let ever know just how it works. Just to be clear
1st: unplug 3.7 bat
2nd: add ground wire
3rd: remove transistors
Then the unit should be ready to go. I'll post how well it goes this afternoon , Thanks
I have a couple lime how to write ups I'll post In a few. Quick question before I head out on this bird convert mission. What if you already have a PCB board removed from a bird. Would reconstructing the PCB board like mentioned and installing it into a random bird unit work like so or does it dam near have to be a active fleet unit that ended up Abandoned on my property?
By JayG87
Have a ninebot max.. been playing around with different firmware,for more speed,,
Last attempt with firmware update,, my max froze, while charging,,wouldn't get of charging screen, nor turn off,,,unplugged battery ,opening up bottom,,,,it turn off ,,when I turn on,,just blinkg a red 10 and a wrench sign blinking,,wont allow to turn off and it will try to attempt to bluetooth,,bluetooth sign pops up not then it fails to connect,,someone please help meeeeee
In response to the potential lime runner, I do know personally that if you manage to get ahold of one that is left enabled, like perhaps a charger individual forgot to shut it down or some sort of glitch caused the unit to not shut down, whatever way you can get one that's officially turned on by utilizing the app then I do know that once you click start ride then rock it forward lifting the front wheel off the ground and while wheel is at full throttle unplug the green box and then you may release the throttle as the scooter will operate just as a retail personal unit would operate. Now , I have had a few units that all that was needed was while the unit was off, you would remove the sim and either plug it in using the power supply or any battery equivalent to the charger output just connect to the units charger port or even more convenient you can just toggle the units own positive + red battery cable to the units own red + charger port and it will kick it on as the unit believes it's being charged, but as soon as it turns on remove what ever method you used to boot it on and you are left with about a 7 second window to audition for the wheel spin, kick the green box off the pole dance and the unit will stay on. Last of my limited low tech knowledge i know about lime is the magnet trick is shown to be true on the FCC page
knynxy@gmail.com wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 9:43 pm
In response to the potential lime runner, I do know personally that if you manage to get ahold of one that is left enabled, like perhaps a charger individual forgot to shut it down or some sort of glitch caused the unit to not shut down, whatever way you can get one that's officially turned on by utilizing the app then I do know that once you click start ride then rock it forward lifting the front wheel off the ground and while wheel is at full throttle unplug the green box and then you may release the throttle as the scooter will operate just as a retail personal unit would operate. Now , I have had a few units that all that was needed was while the unit was off, you would remove the sim and either plug it in using the power supply or any battery equivalent to the charger output just connect to the units charger port or even more convenient you can just toggle the units own positive + red battery cable to the units own red + charger port and it will kick it on as the unit believes it's being charged, but as soon as it turns on remove what ever method you used to boot it on and you are left with about a 7 second window to audition for the wheel spin, kick the green box off the pole dance and the unit will stay on. Last of my limited low tech knowledge i know about lime is the magnet trick is shown to be true on the FCC page

im a charger at both lime and bird. does this method apply to the new heavy limes with a battery at the bottom or to the old ones with a flat bottom?
LiquidSky wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 4:54 pm
holy sh*t! is this legit?
All these info are from the Lime service manual. Magnet is used to restart "green box" or when it have to be run for first time. Also, cables and connectors are used by service. Same is in other companies, Bird, Hive etc. (service connectors, not magnet).
Magnet works as power switch. In normal device (phone, tablet) you can hold power button for 10-12 seconds, to power off device. It's similar. Magnet is connecting some plates, and when they are connected, it's like switch .
LiquidSky wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 2:20 pm
Order is important.
I can confirm out of 5 bird 0s i did i successfully converted 4 . Took 2 apart for RD prior to that. What i'm struggling now is new heavy Lime scooter, these just refuse to be hacked :roll:
I just noticed that you gave confirmation on 5 bird 0's I've been trying this remove 2 components from dash iot board and add a ground wire on a bird one. We don't even have bird zeros in LA anymore and are bird zeros didn't have such iot board on them to begin with. Anyways to give my update on the hack i can say with confidence that it at least doesn't work on any of the scooters in LA as I was led to try it on 10 of them and it does not make it go/ move.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]