An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
Hi there I have bought a lime 2.5 a while ago I made it work whit a Chinese controller just fine but I cannot see the speed I'm going so i'm trying to figure out how to use the original dash as a spedometer but the only thing I can do till now it's see the battery state when charging as anyone did it? Or if you have a link to a speed meter that fits there +- I would appreciate it
Userhost wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:40 pm
Anyone know how to open the plastic, rectangular Bird head unit non-destructively? I don't want to break anything, but I'm interested in seeing how these things work. The non-destructive part is important because I want to return this Bird to service once I'm done studying it.
There are a series of holes (eleven) that have a rubbery potting material down in the bottom. Use a hook tool fashioned from a stiff wire, to dig out as much of the stuff as you can. you will need a special Torx tip that has a hole on the end so the little tit in the center of the screw fits in. I do not remember if it was a #T-10 or T-15. Just cram it down in the rubbery stuff and feel for it to engage the screw, then remove screw.

...and your done (in)
ZipperZ wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:53 pm
If anyone is interested this is a tool I have made from cheap 18mm-19mm box spanner to remove front fork:

And a stencil for that tool:

And also a "finished" product:
Please you can not detail or you buy the material and for the controller I see it is discretion if you can swing links and shema cordially
Ratchek wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:40 am
ship wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:52 pm

Yo ! if it could be utile to someone

If someone could help me, i have an E7 error (motor) on display. On flat the scooter do the job but when he have to force, i heard a "WIZZZZ" and the wheel seems to block.... I think it comes form the controller which doesnt synchronise properly the magnetic flux between rotor and stator :(

Help !

En francais :

bonjour tout le monde
c'est facile gros il faut quand vous recuperer la lime ancienne vous devisser la lime vert et vous deconnecter un cable c'est celui qui alimente de le gps, apres vous acheter un controleur avec ecran de chez luke sur le boncoin a cinquante euros , essayez de decouper toute la connectique qui est sur l'ancien controleur d'origne et vous allez sur le nouveau controleur et vous installer les trois connecteur que vous avez recuperer precedement , la grosse connectique vous la branchez sur le gros connecteur qui vient de la roue d'ou il y a le moteur et les trois files de l'autre bout sur les trois files jaune vert bleu du nouveau controleur et vous terminer par brancher les trois files due l'accelerateur et les deux files vers la batterie pour la lumiere il faut commander un transformateur de 4,5 voltes car celui présent de 36 volts et voila .

En anglais :
hello everyone, it's easy big it takes when you recover the old file you unscrew the green file and you disconnect a cable is the one that feeds the gps, after you buy a controller with screen from luke on the boncoin has fifty euros, try to cut all the connector that is on the former controller of origin and you go on the new controller and you install the three connector that you recover previously, the big connectivity you connect it on the big connector which comes from the wheel from where there is the engine and the three files from the other end on the three yellow green blue lines of the new controller and you end up connecting the three files due to the accelerator and the two files to the battery for the light it is necessary to order a transformer of 4.5 volts because that present of 36 volts and voila.

Salut,
Je voulais savoir, tu as juste remplacé un contrôleur sur une Lime-S et tu as pu t’en servir en mode free ?
Comment tu fais pour déconnecter le GPS ?
Merci
tiugy wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:16 am
Hi there I have bought a lime 2.5 a while ago I made it work whit a Chinese controller just fine but I cannot see the speed I'm going so i'm trying to figure out how to use the original dash as a spedometer but the only thing I can do till now it's see the battery state when charging as anyone did it? Or if you have a link to a speed meter that fits there +- I would appreciate it
This dash requires data. It is possible, but you would need to make a speed measurment device, which would then send it as data to the dash. Packet description is available here
bagnare wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:54 am
Please you can not detail or you buy the material and for the controller I see it is discretion if you can swing links and shema cordially
Sorry, did not understand what you were trying to say. But I assume you were asking how I did it (?) Then check my previous post.
LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

Hi alecxs, the main Version from Emile ist runni[…]

No they's no gps in the big , removable battery yo[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]