An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
I think all that your going to need is the Dashboard. I came across a partially striped and damaged bird ES2. I took it apart further, and looks like you end up tossing the molex connection that went to the GPS board. At that point looking at dashboard pics online it's all plug-n-play. The dashboard that I saw on eaby has 4 connections. Individual molex connections are to the brake, throttle, and light. With the final one being the blue 4pin connection to the base. I'll follow your progress, and update mine as I'm going to order the dashboard only. If successful I'll post pics. Upon further examination of the dashboard molex pictures it appears that the throttle has the same amount of wires and same color. However the connector looks to be a different shape. Shouldn't be an issue to switch the connector.
I should like to see this "bypass"! I've "Aquired" the dashless equivalent, but own a "Razor " Pocket Rocket equivalent. Iget what you're doing! I need only see the connections as to the availability of connections needed to get this rolling. I'll utilize the Razors same throttle control. I come from a motor-assisted bicycle background, and have learned (to an extant ) less is MORE!
robirdhood wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:49 am
I stay away from limes... unless I’m having fish tacos. Anyways, it’s really simple to restore an es1 and es4 back to their Segway state. And you don’t need to switch anything out other then the dashboard. Also you don’t need to buy anything to get these things going, the parts are right outside, just use your head. The problem is, it’s so easy it’s addictive, and remorseful. 🥂
So just using a stock dashboard will fix all you problems for the Bird ES2?
I can confirm that using the dashboard kit alone works for the bird Segway ES2. Just rode one around the block to test.

The bird variant uses a subharness that gets completely replaced by the dashboard kit. Literally plug and play. I can't tell for sure if the motor control curves are identical to a stock ES2 but it's functional. Topped out at a claimed 17km/h on the dashboard readout. I can't decide if I want to try to use the app or not. Best of luck and have fun.
torgo wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:17 pm
I can confirm that using the dashboard kit alone works for the bird Segway ES2. Just rode one around the block to test.

The bird variant uses a subharness that gets completely replaced by the dashboard kit. Literally plug and play. I can't tell for sure if the motor control curves are identical to a stock ES2 but it's functional. Topped out at a claimed 17km/h on the dashboard readout. I can't decide if I want to try to use the app or not. Best of luck and have fun.
Nice job! With how easy the M365 was to hack it's not a huge surprise that the ninebot is just as simple.

Could you post pictures or a video of the working scooter?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]