An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Micro mobility projects built using electric scooter components.
By HenryBraxton
So I just got a mobility scooter & I was wondering if anyone has experience changing the horn? I'm a bit of a jokester & like to be obnoxious sometimes lol(Only around family & friends of course...) My question is though does anyone know how hard or if it's even possible to replace the horn on the scooter? I want to rig up a train horn but cannot find anything on youtube specifically for mobility scooters
By 365GUY
Hmm that’s a tough one from a number of perspectives. Mainly the issue of someone thinking you are in fact a locomotive and hurting themselves badly from trying to get out of the way of the approaching high speed death machine they fear is going to take there life.

On the other hand it might be a real hoot to see the reactions when they realize it was just you the whole time. Golly I can’t think of a better way to put a smile on someone’s face. Your definitely on to something with this humdinger.

Well aside from finding the right locomotive horn sound you will need for optimal laughs and maximum hoots you will need to measure the voltage across your existing horn as well as the size and mounting orientation and assure your replacement “gag” horn is the same. Other than that it’s a similar 2 wire connection and your off to the tracks.

Please keep us updated on this one, I know there’s plenty of folks who would love to know how this turns out for ya. And don’t forget to video record that precious footage as I can almost guarantee a top 3 spot on America’s Funniest Home Video...

Good luck to ya sir.. I think your definitely gonna stir it up with this one!
Ok. Heres the way you do it:
But a train horn is a little unrealistic. Youll need a compressor, an air tank, and a large horn to accomplish that. You wont be able to hide all that sh*t.
And Im going to assume that the existing horn sounds more like a buzzer or beep than a real horn. This means that it draws very low amps and if you hook up a larger horn you will likely just blow a fuse. So I suggest doing it this way.
You will need:
3 18650 batteries
1 low tone modern automotive horn (link below)
https://www.amazon.com/Wolo-310-2T-Loud ... way&sr=8-3

1 4 pin Bosch style automotive relay (link below)

https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-0332019456 ... ay&sr=8-16

A soldering iron, electrical tape, a wire stripper and approx a 2-3 foot run of 16ga wire.

So you need to cut and strip a couple of 3 inch or so lengths of wire and solder them to connect your (fully charged) batteries as shown. Make the wire on each end at least 6 inches long to run it to your other components. This is a series connection. It will measure approx 12.6 Volts when its done correctly to fully charged batteries.
So connect the negative lead of your new battery pack directly to the negative terminal of the horn. Connect your positive lead to terminal 30 on the relay. The relay should be labeled but can always be identified because its the base of the "T" shape that every relay of this type makes on its terminals. Connect a new wire to terminal 87 of the relay (its the one that is oriented different from the rest...the TOP of the "T") and run it to the positive connection of the horn. The two remaining terminals on the relay (85 and 86) will need to be run to the EXISTING wires that connect to the horn of the target scooter. Disconnect the plug from the scooters horn and connect these wires in place of the horn. Polarity will not matter. The relay will function either way.
Now wrap your batteries in electrical tape real well so they dont short and start a fire and tape your relay to them and tape the horn down so the open end is not obstructed and youll probably want to point it straight at the driver for maximum sonic blast. Plug it in to the existing horn wires and hide this evil creation well so its not easily discovered. Then sit back and wait for the heart attack to happen. Call 911 if the target stops breathing or falls off the scooter.

But seriously, dont hurt anyone. This will be LOUD and frighten people both near and far.

And why did I bother putting the effort into explaining this ridiculous contraption? Because all of you scooter riding homies can use this information to put a loud horn on YOUR scooter to stay safe out in them streets. Drivers are not ready for scooters that do 30 or even 15 mph. Its f**king dangerous to be jammin down the street like this. The horn could save your life. Even if this guy kills his granny with this practical joke, hopefully more lives can be saved by applying this knowledge responsibly. And you can hook many other 12v devices up to your relay...not just a horn. Your imagination and the components amp draw is the limit. I dont have any more time to explain how a relay works. If youre curious just google it. Tons of info out there. And YES many people may wire their relays a little different. Or tell you to step voltage down from your main battery to achieve 12 volts. This is how I do it. Its simple and it works. Relays are awesome little tools to make a little switch control some powerful sh*t. Have fun. Have a good night. And dude...dont kill your grandma please....
HenryBraxton wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:55 am
So I just got a mobility scooter & I was wondering if anyone has experience changing the horn? I'm a bit of a jokester & like to be obnoxious sometimes lol(Only around family & friends of course...) My question is though does anyone know how hard or if it's even possible to replace the horn on the scooter? I want to rig up a train horn but cannot find anything on youtube specifically for mobility scooters 9Apps
Train and semi truck horns may be more of a space issue as they require an air compressor to run. Larger dual tone Vidmate automotive horns can be run off a 12V power supply and putting two of them with different tone sets on a momentary switch could be an easy, low profile method of getting the sound you want (advise a relayed wiring harness as most wiring will be done for your and the switch can be easily replaced). Good luck!
Train and semi truck horns may be more of a space issue as they require an air compressor to run. Larger dual tone automotive horns can be run off a 12V power supply and putting two of them with different tone sets on a momentary switch could be an easy, low profile method of getting the sound you want (advise a relayed wiring harness as most wiring will be done for your and the switch can be easily replaced). Good luck! Shareit vidmate
barrysingh102 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 1:28 pm
Train and semi truck horns may be more of a space issue as they require an air compressor to run. Larger dual tone automotive horns can be run off a 12V power supply and putting two of them with different tone sets on a momentary switch could be an easy, low profile method of getting the sound you want (advise a relayed wiring harness as most wiring will be done for your and the switch can be easily replaced). Good luck! VidMate | movierulz4https://tataindicombroadband.in/
Yes i agree with you, you are absolutely right man

thanks https://spicemoney.win | https://paymanager.win/ | https://tumangaonline.win
Last edited by smithclarkson01 on Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Train and semi truck horns may be more of a space issue as they require an air compressor to run. Larger dual tone automotive horns can be run off a 12V power supply and putting two of them with different tone sets on a momentary switch could be an easy, low profile method of getting the sound you want (advise a relayed wiring harness as most wiring will be done for your and the switch can be easily replaced). Good luck!https://jiofilocalhtml.run https://forpc.onl
Well aside from finding the right locomotive horn sound you will need for optimal laughs and maximum hoots you will need to measure the voltage across your existing horn as well as the size and mounting orientation and assure your replacement “gag” horn is the same. Other than that it’s a similar 2 wire connection and your off to the tracks.
Thankyou so much @ LAskooter213 for such detailed information.

A few years ago I had a road legal quad and due to the solid rear axle (ie no diff) it was was horrible on turns - one wheel had to slip / scrabble otherwise it started to make the machine feel as if it was going to tip over.
I'm now working on a new project idea and searching on different websites , off road capable but 100% legal / DVLA registered mobility scooter based on a Yamaha Breeze 125cc quad I already have, and wonder if lengthening the wheelbase would improve stability ? Max speed, by law & therefore adaptation design, will be 8mph.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]