An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Micro mobility projects built using electric scooter components.
Has anyone taken a drivetrain or multiple drivetrains from a street scooter and modified it to do something different? I've seen the pictures of the tricycle that one of the members here built and it looks awesome. My push mower is dying and I'd like to buy an EGO mower but it's $499. I would think a Ninebot ES4 (or two) would have have enough power to replace the gas mower engine. Can the scooters be flashed with a firmware that will start the motor from 0MPH?

How about an aluminum frame AWD Go-Kart out of four scooters?
I have been playing with the idea of making a go kart using not for but upwards of 8 to 10 Motors. You'd have to create forks for every single one of them, the idea with the only have two in the front, but just line the rest across the back with their own each individual Forks. It would be freaking awesome, the only thing I'm dealing with currently in my own scooter build wish I would carry forward to the go-kart build, is wiring batteries in parallel. I've drawn up some rough sketches for the go-kart and how it would work out. Similar to a Tesla, if you have enough battery packs to weigh it down, you will not have to worry about flipping
Answering my own question after doing a little research...

Model - Motor- Battery
m365 - 250w motor, 280 watt battery
Ninebot es2 - 300W motor, 187 watt battery
Ninebot es4 - 300W motor, 374 Watt battery
Ego 20" mower 700W motor, 280 Watt battery
Ego 21" self-propelled, 1000W motor, 420 Watt battery

It looks like it would take two scooters worth of motors and batteries to come close. Not sure if it's worth the trouble...
The scoot drive motors cannot be force to go from 0mph. I talked to the German dude that did all the m365 hacks and zero turn starting is not in the firmware.

That said, I bought a clearance electric mower from Lowes for 96 bux .. they are 40V so you can use a scoot battery or two to dramatically improve it's durability. Tried my prototype a couple of days ago.. works great. The mower ran for over two hours (no cutting load, just spinning the blade).
galstaf wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 12:31 am
The scoot drive motors cannot be force to go from 0mph. I talked to the German dude that did all the m365 hacks and zero turn starting is not in the firmware.

That said, I bought a clearance electric mower from Lowes for 96 bux .. they are 40V so you can use a scoot battery or two to dramatically improve it's durability. Tried my prototype a couple of days ago.. works great. The mower ran for over two hours (no cutting load, just spinning the blade).
Yes, it can. At least ninebot motors has no problem with it, just replace the controller.
Yup.. I was referring to the ESC that comes with the M365 in particular.

Which alternative controller do you recommend for self start with a 42V setup? Have you put one into use that has been continuously reliable?
LIME 3.GEN PERSONAL.....

Hi alecxs, the main Version from Emile ist runni[…]

No they's no gps in the big , removable battery yo[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]