An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Brains of the e-scooter. Topics covering controllers, throttles, etc in this section.
By LAskooter213
Yea man. Well, I cant say its BETTER but it works well and at least offers you an alternative to the stock m365 controller. Ive used one of those 1000w controllers thats available on amazon and ebay. Its a f**king monster measuring at 7" x 3.5" x 1.75" but, yes, it works. The label says its a "brainpower motor controller (item #ksdlm25) " 1000w 36-48v 38A .
It has absolutely NO instructions so you get to figure out how to wire it by yourself. And its Chinese as f**k. It even smelled like chow mein and roasted duck when I opened the package up. It is so chinese it almost starts to manufacture a cheap copy of itself when you let it out of its package. And heres a joke my Chinese friend told me: How do you know that Adam and Eve were not Chinese? Because if they were they would have just eaten the snake. Ha. Sort of funny. Anyways...

Figuring this f**king controller out is a battle every step of the way....takes patience to get this thing to work, but I have more or less figured it out. Theres a few features I have no idea about but Ive got the basics down. SOOOOOOO

Listen...herers what you do. I have mine hooked up to a stock m365 motor on my test bench, im running a stock battery and stock throttle.

POWER:Hook heavy gauge black and red wires to...guess where????? YES your battery, which should be fully charged.
Theres an orange wire floating around in there. Jump it to your thick red wire. This is your "ignition switch" wire. Youre essentially just shorting it to battery positive for now. You can make an ignition switch later if you desire.

Hall sensor wires: Same EXACT colors guys. Just color match and you are good.

Throttle: The throttle wires out of the controller are the red, black and white. Your m365 throttle is red, black and green. Just go red red, black black, and white green. Easy. Once someone tells you which wires are for the throttle !

Speed Control: Theres a black white and grey set of wires called "gear shift" or something like that . It is your speed setting. Short black to grey for low speed (for p*ssies), short black to white for high speed (for big dawgs...like YOU)

There is also REVERSE Just short the 2 wires on the bright green connector and your motor will spin backwards. (I didnt f**k with this until I read your post 365guy....so this ones for you and mom;) hope she gets better soon....and also...this controller will start motor from 0 mph speed. And its only like $30.00 Hell yeah.

To get things moving at first you will need to short the 2 dk green wires with a single pin connector together. This is the motor "learning" program. The motor will spin either correctly or backwards. If it spins correctly, unplug. You are done. If it spins backwards unplug, then plug in again and it will spin forwards. Unplug. You are done. Throttle will now work.

Figuring this sh*t out was a major headache. So.....just let me say in advance.....YOURE WELCOME.
A lil ScooterTalk love from the City Of Angeles on a lovely sunny memorial day weekend! which reminds me....

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS FIGHTING AND RISKING THEIR LIVES ABROAD TO PROTECT OUR FREEDOM. AND GOD BLESS THOSE WHO CAME BEFORE US WHO HAVE MADE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE AND LAID DOWN THEIR LIVES TO PRESERVE OUR WAY OF LIFE AND KEEP OUR COUNTRY (AND OUR WORLD) FREE! GOD BLESS AMERICA AND GOD BLESS OUR SERVICE MEN AND WOMEN, BOTH DEAD AND ALIVE WHO CANNOT BE HERE WITH US TODAY Thank you sooo much for your service and sacrifice!
By LAskooter213
2000 watts of pure punishing pedal scooter pavement pounding power, my friend.

And on that note: for your listening pleasure heres a random few songs that I like to drive dangerously fast while listening to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr9ie2J2690

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYVLxLvdhpY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcf7DnHi54g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePPMOiLbAKY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx_JQe6THkM
By TJSplash
LA you are hilarious! Well that is fantastic to hear as well on the overall wattage. I really am looking forward to this build, but my question for you is do I even need the M365 circuit board anymore, or can I just transition to using a basic switch to turn on the system and get an LCD display for all of the information?
By 365GUY
A big thumbs up to the scooter king of LA. This was really extremely helpful information and my mom thanks you to.
Now I just gotta keep her from crashing a scooter. That would be pretty horrible if she hurt herself on the thing I built, considering the whole point of this thing is to keep her from falling down.

I welded a wheelie bar on the back of it today as I noticed she was sitting way back and the fromt was getting light, I really don’t want her falling backwards. Overall I feel like it’s pretty safe though, otherwise she wouldn’t be on it.

Anyway big thanks for this write up LA.
✌🏻
By 365GUY
And here is a question:
Just because the controller is 1000watts doesn’t mean it’s 1000 watt scooter right? The motor rating would define the scooters wattage I believe.

If you have a 250 watt motor and a 1000 watt controller, that just means your capable of pushing 1000 watts to the motor. A motor rated at 250watts receiving 1000 watts is probably not going to be able to handle that much current for very long. I don’t know how exactly they figure out the ratings for these motors but my guess is the 250 is it’s constant rating meaning it can run forever at 250 watts. But then it should have a peak rating as well which I typically don’t see.

If a 250 watt motor can run at 1000 watts then why don’t they market it as a 1000 watt motor?
By TJSplash
I read on here that the motor could handle a thousand Watts, that's why I have been working towards this. I obviously am down to purchase more powerful Motors, you sent a pretty good link for the ones off of AliExpress.
By TJSplash
Something else to take into account as well is the voltage of your batteries as well as the overall amperage. Voltage times the current equals the wattage output. I have seen a lot of scooters where they will say that they are 1000 watt scooter, but that just means that you can have a peek of a thousand Watts, if you don't have the amperage to back it up you're never going to increase the speed. Wiring batteries in parallel will help you achieve the higher amperage

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]