An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Brains of the e-scooter. Topics covering controllers, throttles, etc in this section.
By miloniko
Hello guys!

I got 2 escooters, one for me one for my sister, CIRC, got legal from sub company in austria. Now I am reading since 2 weeks in all forums, how to get this one for private use. I also tried to contact Basti without success...

I would like to know what to do now - I am a software developer, so for me it would easy to solve my issue on software side (appreciated). If I can only get them work by changing some hardware stuff it is also ok, but I need to know exactly what hardware, and how to connect it. I read some threads with DC Converter etc. but honestly, it looks awful, right? Is something possible with arduino? Or Bluetooth firmware upgrade / downgrade?
My goal would be (if possible), to leave all hardware components as they are assembled, and "tell" the brain only to start or shutdown when I want, without GPS, or Sim card get used. is that possible.

I will try to attach some pics, seems I cannot upload here, I need an external server...
By miloniko
Hi! I got an app from this company, seems a chines APP from manufacturer, with a legal login, I can "enable" the scooter. The problem is, how long will this service be alive... Said the seller... So my goal is, to convert them into personal scooter. Do you have some ideas, starts mechanism etc.?

kr
By Teslaguy
miloniko wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:08 pm
Hi! I got an app from this company, seems a chines APP from manufacturer, with a legal login, I can "enable" the scooter. The problem is, how long will this service be alive... Said the seller... So my goal is, to convert them into personal scooter. Do you have some ideas, starts mechanism etc.?

kr
Want to check that out. What's the app called?
By Teslaguy
miloniko wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:08 pm

kr
Want to check that out. What's the app called?
By m0rtyr
I also have a few of this scooters, would you be able to share the app? My approach would be to bypass it, I think its possible.

Meanwhile be careful because Circ had to stop ops because a fork problem
By miloniko
m0rtyr wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:38 pm
I also have a few of this scooters, would you be able to share the app? My approach would be to bypass it, I think its possible.

Meanwhile be careful because Circ had to stop ops because a fork problem
ok, thanks for info, I did not know that! I will check the current state of the fork.
Regarding the app: I am sorry, I can only take screenshot of the app, the username and password I got from my seller. It would be interesting to find out, where the url service go out, on what server, but anyway, my goal is to remove the IOT and make it for personal use, but really, I read so much about, debugging, serial data, arduino, tx - rx, and so on and so on... My Problem is, I do not know exactly how to find out, what wire should be soldered from scooter to arduino and vica versa.
On weekend my goal is to disassemble the whole scooter, to check what wires, plugs (julet), goes through the scooter. Maybe I can understand then, what wire does what.
The "easiest" way from my point of view, would be, to "flash" the system to original firmware, so the basic functionality works only, without GPS and SIM Card. Do ýou have some ideas?

KR

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]