An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Brains of the e-scooter. Topics covering controllers, throttles, etc in this section.
By SJAAK
nevermind I got it to work. It was as Matthias said, you need to figure out with the multimeter a bit wich cable is part of the throttle. I actually piggybagged on 3 wires coming out of the throttle and measured resistance to the cable down there.
By SJAAK
so I have this scoot working now, pretty rudimentary just the bare minimum connected. I feel that this controller (same as Matthias) is total piece of chink sh*t ... works moderately good and he, 11 euro's shipped. I did add the extra copper traces and potted the caps a bit.
Top speed is about 30 km/h but I feel like the torque could be better. so next time I will invest in a better controller.

this is how it is now. As these bikes are street illegal in my country I use it to drive around the terrain I live, hence the basket strapped on the back to put tools and other crap in. I also do the odd drive around the neighbourhood.
The controller placement is not the most beautiful for now but it's not in the way. I will put a watertight box around it probably one day. I drilled an extra hole just down there cause the 3 phase and plus and minus where to short to comfortably connect.
I also wired in a switch to turn it on and off.
baubabauu wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:47 pm
Hello!
I ordered this controller and it works just fine.
RON 69.19 30%OFF | 24V/48V 250W/350W Brushless Controller Motor Regulator Speed for Electric Bicycle E-bike Scooter E-ABS Sensor/sensorless
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/2BN7UNLK
Throttle works, e-abs works.
My question is does anybody know how many volts needs the lights below scooter to work?
Thank you!
No idea how much volts they need but if you have the polarity right just start with 5 volts, go up and see what works, it should not be too bright as it will damage the led.
SJAAK wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:13 pm
nevermind I got it to work. It was as Matthias said, you need to figure out with the multimeter a bit wich cable is part of the throttle. I actually piggybagged on 3 wires coming out of the throttle and measured resistance to the cable down there.
Do you have any wirings picture or schematic? And how did you removed the controller? I can't remove it because there's too many cables on the controller location!
By SJAAK
Risitas98 wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:56 pm
SJAAK wrote:
Do you have any wirings picture or schematic? And how did you removed the controller? I can't remove it because there's too many cables on the controller location!
I will post a detailed photo of my setup later, but it's not very hard to figure if you know what you're doing. Just the throttle gave me a little headache.

The controller can be removed via the hole in the bottom of the scooter, it went in that way so should be able to come out just pull the wires out as well.
By SJAAK
AlexandruI wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:48 pm
Hello,

I have 2 of these scooters, I have started replacing the controller on one of them.
My question is, can you use the battery without bypassing the BMS?
you can just put 42 volts on the charge port and the battery will charge. the bms does its work.
SJAAK wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:32 am
Risitas98 wrote:
SJAAK wrote:
I will post a detailed photo of my setup later, but it's not very hard to figure if you know what you're doing. Just the throttle gave me a little headache.
Hi SJAAK, I would be very thankful for a photo of your set-up. In particular how you solved the accelerator issue and a short description of the color-coding of the cables of the scooter which you found out while assembling it all. Unfortunately, I donÄt have a multimeter. Knowing which cable is what would help me match them with a new controller.
By SJAAK
peterpan12 wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 3:31 am
SJAAK wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:32 am
Risitas98 wrote:

Hi SJAAK, I would be very thankful for a photo of your set-up. In particular how you solved the accelerator issue and a short description of the color-coding of the cables of the scooter which you found out while assembling it all. Unfortunately, I donÄt have a multimeter. Knowing which cable is what would help me match them with a new controller.
better buy yourself a multimeter first.
the accelerator has 3 wires, but bundled together with the brake wires. just try some combinations until the wheel spins.
By Krush08
Hi i found a ditched circ scooter
the gps card sems to be ripped out is that going to be a problem?
if not could anyone send me picture how to solder the cabels to a new motor i am bored here in corona times and this would be a fun project

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]