An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Electric scooter lights, horns, and other general hardware topics covered here.
By LAskooter213

Ahhh sh*t, that must be TJ's scooter coming up over the horizon!

Nice work homie.
By LAskooter213
Nice scooter. I want to paint it!
Bring that motherf***er up to Los Angeles and Ill hook it up, no charge. sh*t just looks like it would be super fun to stylize and re-finish. Good work bro.
By mximilians123123
LAskooter213 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:35 pm
Most of the quality lighting your going youre find out there is going to be designed around 12v systems since thats what cars and motorcycles use. Remember that instead of messing around with stepping voltage down to 12v from your original battery pack, you can always just add an extra battery pack of 3 or 4 18650 batteries in series and use this as your power source for lights/horn etc. I found that the Bird brain gps box that many scooters have mounted on top of the stem worked real well for this purpose. I glued two of those boxes together on my red scooter to make a big 12v battery box for all my accessories. It worked out well for me, looks good, is super easy to add new 12v accessories, and I can replace the batteries when they get weak. Best of all, it doesnt draw power from my scooter battery and decrease my range. Or you could even stuff the batteries in the neck and just stack em on top of each other in a small tube or something. You can buy a pre-made battery holder or just solder wire to the batteries to make your pack. Just dont get em too hot if you solder. You need to work quick.
https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Holder-S ... way&sr=8-2
Hi.

Love your battery box.

Is it only connected to the headlight?
Do you charge it with the rest of the scooter or are those two things on the top charging ports ?

thanks
By LAskooter213
I control headlights and horn with it. It only houses 3 18650 batteries inside so it doesnt support the headlights for more than an hour or so. I dont usually ride at night, thats why I configured it that way. I also house my 2 m 365 bluetooth boards inside along with a volt gauge with dual readouts. I switch out the batteries when they get low, I just swap them for fully charged ones off of my 18650 battery charger. Simple as that.
By LAskooter213
oh, the two things on top are my on/off switches for each motor. inside the board right underneath those buttons are the bluetooth circuit boards. those buttons simply push the buttons on the bluetooh boards to turn the motors on or off.
By kentgravity
TJSplash wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:11 pm
So I had to return the small lights, but I ordered a second combo light bar. Unlike some people I ball hard with a 36v zero battery and I installed a switch. She's coming along smoothly, I'll show more as I go along on a new thread

This is f**king magnific, i want this on my m365. I can carry a battery in the backpack, no problem. Drivers here in Romania/Bucharest want to kill us
By halenajulie42
365GUY wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 8:22 pm
You can get cheap light bars off amazon that have both close and far beams. I put a sh*t ton of lights on my Polaris Razor for when I go down to Mexico. I can light up the whole f**king city it’s so bright.
You could do like a 18” light rail down the front and the way they build them is the close beams are in the center and the flood are on both ends.
The new LED light bars are incredible. Would be 12v so you need to figure that one out.
Yeah I have ordered it from ebay. These were so good
By ladkii
I can light up the whole f**king city it’s so bright.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]