An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Electric scooter lights, horns, and other general hardware topics covered here.
My M365 scooter headlight was working fine after upgrade to Pro Display Control board. Then, the headlight would come on but it would shut down the control panel. It was a case of one or the other but not both being available at the same time as before. Very irritating. I had 4.1VDC feeding up the stem to the dashboard. With the headlight LED on, that voltage dropped to 2VDC. There was a current limiting issue somewhere causing the voltage drop.

So, I did some signal tracing and found that the main MAIN controller board in the lower part of the scooter had an over heated L1 coil. It's next to the 4 wire connector. There is a fuse called F2 next to it, that is fine and OK. The RED wire on the 4 conductor connector is what takes the voltage from there up to the handle bar.
However, there is an inductor "L1" next to F2 that looked cooked.

So, I soldered over L1 coil and placed a solder blob there instead and that fixed the issue!!!
Headlight and panel stay on and the voltage level is stable. Easy fix. Enjoy.
Tim Reyburn wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:35 am
My M365 scooter headlight was working fine after upgrade to Pro Display Control board. Then, the headlight would come on but it would shut down the control panel. It was a case of one or the other but not both being available at the same time as before. Very irritating. I had 4.1VDC feeding up the stem to the dashboard. With the headlight LED on, that voltage dropped to 2VDC. There was a current limiting issue somewhere causing the voltage drop.

So, I did some signal tracing and found that the main MAIN controller board in the lower part of the scooter had an over heated L1 coil. It's next to the 4 wire connector. There is a fuse called F2 next to it, that is fine and OK. The RED wire on the 4 conductor connector is what takes the voltage from there up to the handle bar.
However, there is an inductor "L1" next to F2 that looked cooked.

So, I soldered over L1 coil and placed a solder blob there instead and that fixed the issue!!!
Headlight and panel stay on and the voltage level is stable. Easy fix. Enjoy.
You wouldn't happen to have a picture of this would you?

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]