An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Store the power! Electric scooter battery and charging discussions go here.
By karen_w
Hi everyone,

I have an old Tao Tao that I need new batteries for. It's a 48 volt, 500 watt. I'm looking for suggestions on what battery brand will give you the most mileage for your money. This last batch of batteries (lead acid) that I purchased a year ago did not give me good mileage. Any suggestions for a good battery that you'd buy again?

I travel about 7 1/2 km each way to work. No hills, all flat, and I have to charge it every day, or I wouldn't make it home the next time. I'd buy lithium, but I just don't have the budget. :(
By karen_w
karen_w wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:41 pm
Hi everyone,

I have an old Tao Tao that I need new batteries for. It's a 48 volt, 500 watt. I'm looking for suggestions on what battery brand will give you the most mileage for your money. This last batch of batteries (lead acid) that I purchased a year ago did not give me good mileage. Any suggestions for a good battery that you'd buy again?

I travel about 7 1/2 km each way to work. No hills, all flat, and I have to charge it every day, or I wouldn't make it home the next time. I'd buy lithium, but I just don't have the budget. :(

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]