An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Store the power! Electric scooter battery and charging discussions go here.
I am wondering - where is the scooter getting the temperature reading for the battery so it knows not to charge it when its too cold or hot?

What if I attach an external battery thats, you know, external - it will have a different temperature. I wonder if there might be a situation where one battery is fine, but the other is too cold to charge, but it starts charging both anyway.

Or charges one while not charging the other and getting a huge voltage difference.
The batteries are not just connected through positive and negative, both batteries also have data lines which communicate to the controller things like charge level, current charge current, and temperatures.
IamPurple wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:11 am
I am wondering - where is the scooter getting the temperature reading for the battery so it knows not to charge it when its too cold or hot?

What if I attach an external battery thats, you know, external - it will have a different temperature. I wonder if there might be a situation where one battery is fine, but the other is too cold to charge, but it starts charging both anyway.

Or charges one while not charging the other and getting a huge voltage difference.
Come to think of it, the readings are taken from the original battery, which is inside the frame and will cool down and heat up slower than the external. So, by the time the internal battery (which has the sensors) has cooled down, the external will have cooled some time before. And if I take let the scooter cool down in winter and take it inside to warm up, the external battery will warm up sooner than the internal, making it safe to charge when the sensors finally get their desired value.
Sorry, I need to start paying more attention where I'm posting, what type of scooter is this?
IamPurple wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:53 am
@Sc00tr I have never seen anyone attach a data line to the external battery in any of the instructions, only the two wires merging with the original battery wires.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]