An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Store the power! Electric scooter battery and charging discussions go here.
By IamPurple
Okey, cool. But would still like some clarification :D
The stock batteries BMS will cut off charging at 41.5V while the aliexpress batteries charge up to 42V, even though both batteries are technically 42V
By LAskooter213
Half a volt aint gonna blow nothin up. Dont worry about half a volt. And trust me, if the batteries are in parallel they WILL CHARGE TO THE SAME VOLTAGE. I promise you. If you keep the BMS boards active on both batteries, I cant tell you what will happen. The batteries are not truly in parallel in that case since the BMS is wired in series with the battery and therefore can interfere with the properties of the battery charging. How it changes thingst depends on the board. Personally, I dont use the BMS in my builds. . I have a smart charger and I rely on that to charge safely. But thats just me.
Even if it is safer, I say f**k it to a BMS. I dont like sh*t that stands in the way of my customizing, The hell with the added safety.. I dont like cars with ABS or airbags either. Im driving a 54 Chevy Bel Air and a 64 Impala SS. And guess what?.... I havnt died yet. In fact I would say Im pretty damn good at living in the danger zone. 38 years and counting.....
By Skyexbluu
What do you mean by bms active on both ? I have put external battery on different es2 without knowing they needed to be charged at same% before connecting...
What happens?
How should i do it?
Do they have to be same firm? :shock:
By jonsmit
IamPurple wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:07 pm
I feel like I should just find (or make?) a 41.5V 4 amp charger and that would solve all my problems.
Hi, you need 2x 42V 2amp chargers. Mount them two connecting wires in parallel into one. :geek:
By shibby78787
ImageQuick Question about this. I wanted to try and prevent power from one charger going into the other charger causing a master/slave power supply issue. So I've connected the output of power supply in parallel, but I also took two input cables(A/C side of charger and wire them in series as wall connector black wire goes to black wire on 1st input cable. on same input cable the white goes directly to black wire of 2nd cable. second input cable white wire connects to wallout white wire. )wondering if any potential issues that may arise? i have made one already and thus far has worked perfectly

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]