An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Store the power! Electric scooter battery and charging discussions go here.
By nkrsystem
Hi.
I need a little help I am making a dual 300w wheel scooter I am using 2 controllers from china model GREENTIME 36V 350W 18A BLDC with S866 LCD Display so far I've managed to get everything working even the twist throttle grip with led and Key works,the seller said this grip could not work with the controller because the controller already had ignition.

This controller doesn't have battery charging ports, I have to charge it through the battery.
I have 2 batteries , 36v 13ah that I want to connect in parallel my question is if I have both batteries with 1 charging port each can I use 2 chargers to charge the batteries or I have to connect the two charging ports and make only one port.

Anyone have any idea?
By 365GUY
If you want to charge the batteries separate you need to disconnect them first. Otherwise you can use a single charger to charge both batteries while they are connected in parallel, that’s what I do on my scooters with dual batteries. There isn’t really any reason to disconnect them unless time is a issue as it will take twice as long to charge when connected in parallel if using a regular low amp charger. You can cut down the charge time by getting a higher amp charger but regular chargers work fine and will charge a dead dual battery scooter overnight.
By 365GUY
To clarify you only need to use one of the charger ports on either battery, you don’t have to wire the charger ports together into a single port. The battery will charge through the main wires you have connected to the other battery.
By nkrsystem
Hi 365GUY.
Thanks for the help, I have no idea how many kms can I do with one battery since I will use 2 300w wheels I suppose it will spend twice the energy as these controllers make the wheels reach 30% more speed so I have idea to connect the 2 batteries in parallel.

I did not want to disconnect the batteries to use 2 chargers will be a lot of work since I will have to disassemble the deck to access the wires It is possible to put 2 chargers charging the batteries with them connected in parallel in this case 1 charger for each battery instead of buying a more powerful charger, since I have 2amp chargers and I think the bms supports 5 amp max or I'm wrong.

No they's no gps in the big , removable battery yo[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]