I tried with scooters from TIER, WIND and UFO but the results are basically the same.
Well the scooters will be functional but very limited...
First I tested with a UFO scooter that has suspension, folding mechanism and led lights.
- The Ninebot App connected but I could not do much expect change the password and the bluetooth device name
- Couldn't find led underlight options (?)
- The ES Max App connects but it can not read values. After 3% I get an error.
- I manually spun a wheel to accelerate but it only goes to 20 km/h
- tried switching modes but the other modes were even slower
So I disconnected the UFO body and connected a WIND body also with folding mechanism, suspension and lights.
- Segway app connected but I could not enter settings I get error "wnumber is null"
- everything else was the same
So I switched back to the UFO body
- now Segway app doesn't let me enter settings with this body too. Same error "wnumber is null".
So I tried to see what happens with one of the rental mainboards not sure if it was UFO or WIND.
- Segway App connects but scooter is locked and can't be unlocked with the App
- Settings were working again
- says firmware is up to date
- found the LED light options and could change light pattern
- The ES Max App connects and could read values. At least I got no error this tine. Values were all 0 i think. Not sure if anything saves.
I'm out of ideas. Something is not right. Maybe the mainboard is crap and not fully functional. I don't know.
I also tried to change serial numbers but it always says not allowed since it's not a factory serial no matter what body I used. So that seems to be a myth too.
Don't waste ur money. Better spend 200 more and buy a new scooter. It's not worth all the stress for an abused rental scooter no matter how cheap u can get it.
Maybe it's different for M365 or BIRD scooters but the other companys seem to have a lot more security measures in place.