An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Changing mobility one trip at a time.
It seems that's it's not that easy to convert a "Not BIRD" rental Ninebot into a personal. I ordered the main and dashboard suggested by @humanbeing21 but even with both parts for around 100 USD I could not get a fully working Ninebot.

I tried with scooters from TIER, WIND and UFO but the results are basically the same.

Well the scooters will be functional but very limited...

First I tested with a UFO scooter that has suspension, folding mechanism and led lights.

- The Ninebot App connected but I could not do much expect change the password and the bluetooth device name
- Couldn't find led underlight options (?)
- The ES Max App connects but it can not read values. After 3% I get an error.
- I manually spun a wheel to accelerate but it only goes to 20 km/h
- tried switching modes but the other modes were even slower

So I disconnected the UFO body and connected a WIND body also with folding mechanism, suspension and lights.

- Segway app connected but I could not enter settings I get error "wnumber is null"
- everything else was the same

So I switched back to the UFO body

- now Segway app doesn't let me enter settings with this body too. Same error "wnumber is null".

Damn...

So I tried to see what happens with one of the rental mainboards not sure if it was UFO or WIND.

- Segway App connects but scooter is locked and can't be unlocked with the App
- Settings were working again
- says firmware is up to date
- found the LED light options and could change light pattern
- The ES Max App connects and could read values. At least I got no error this tine. Values were all 0 i think. Not sure if anything saves.

I'm out of ideas. Something is not right. Maybe the mainboard is crap and not fully functional. I don't know.

I also tried to change serial numbers but it always says not allowed since it's not a factory serial no matter what body I used. So that seems to be a myth too.

Don't waste ur money. Better spend 200 more and buy a new scooter. It's not worth all the stress for an abused rental scooter no matter how cheap u can get it.

Maybe it's different for M365 or BIRD scooters but the other companys seem to have a lot more security measures in place.
I tested a bit more and found out that the TIER and UFO mainboards act different then the WIND board. Those boards let me unlock the scooter. After some time it starts to beep and blink and app shows error 35. It can only be turned off by unplugging the battery. Doesn't let me change firmware or serial number too.

The combination of eBay dash and mainboard doesn't give me error 35 but I can't access settings (only worked first time) or change anything.

Charging the battery doesn't work with the eBay board too. When I plug in the charger the scooter turns itself on and starts to beep and flash the headlight after some time.
Contact your seller for specific instructions on how to login as an admin to update the serial number using the segway app. The new motherboard and brain unit then connect and ask you to complete the safety tutorial...after that the scooter will be full speed! :D
Last edited by Sktrmkgvn on Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sktrmkgvn wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:46 am
Contact your seller for specific instructions on how to login as an admin to update the serial number using the segway app. The new motherboard and brain unit then connect and ask you to complete the safety tutorial...after that the scooter will be full speed! :D
Thanks man. Already contacted the seller and waiting for answer. Let's see if scooter will be fully functional. I think the mainboard is not the right one. It doesn't even has a connector for external battery. :|
Peter wrote:
Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:06 am
Hello Thier
Could you upload a photo of that mainboard that you bought?
In my case it is voi scooter and I am also despairing I can not find a solution, is someone working on scooter voi?
I'm also working on a Voi scooter, currently waiting for a circuit board. What have you changed?

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few i[…]

Hej Guys got my hands on this double battery pac[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was ev[…]

This last transistor needs to be soldered. https:[…]