An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Changing mobility one trip at a time.
Happy to report that after wasting 2 hours trying the Hex Loader on PC with no success that I struck gold using the Hackaday project method thanks to @MrSpriggs1 .

Once I uploaded to the Arduino Nano Every with the pins correctly placed, it lit right up. I took my Uber Jump branded Electisan ES-200B out for a spin for 15 minutes (its cold). I was laughing like a little girl so I wont be sharing video for a while but photos to follow tomorrow when I have some sun light.

Project Summary
Jump Scooter @impound $100
Arduino Nano $12 (single)
Fancy DC 40v to 5v Step-down 2 for $7
Charger $13.99
Tools (soldering iron, jumpers, multimeter): $25.00

With fixed and variable costs in mind, I can do future scooters (the next 10) for about $115-$120 cost.

Many thanks @MrSpriggs1
Hey Electricool,
I looked at the drawing of the Nano you made and it looks correct. If you can get a usb-serial adapter and CoolTerm to test the nano is outputting the correctly serial. If it flashed on off for a second it makes me think it sent the code correctly in setup() but did not repeat the code in loop(). Try the code posted in https://hackaday.io/project/168667-elec ... r-teardown it has worked for others.
electricool wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:34 am
happy for you
it remains for me more than to buy a ESC200G to the case, could you post pictures of the wiring on your arduino, just to see if I made no mistake
thank you
MrSpriggs1 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:02 am
Hey Electricool,
I looked at the drawing of the Nano you made and it looks correct. If you can get a usb-serial adapter and CoolTerm to test the nano is outputting the correctly serial. If it flashed on off for a second it makes me think it sent the code correctly in setup() but did not repeat the code in loop(). Try the code posted in https://hackaday.io/project/168667-elec ... r-teardown it has worked for others.
electricool wrote:
happy for you
it remains for me more than to buy a ESC200G to the case, could you post pictures of the wiring on your arduino, just to see if I made no mistake
thank you

Hi MrSpriggs1
Thank you for your answer, I ordered an analyzer logic to check the output of my arduino, for the moment the arduino flashes well but I think your code must work well for ESC200G, I have not yet managed with a ESC100.
What do you think of this:

https://scooter-unlock.eu/shop/diagnost ... o-the-tank
x7y wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:40 am
Hello,

I tried yesterday to start ES200G with arduino, but without any success.

This is a pinout of male connector

blue to 3v3, yellow to rx0, green to tx1. Right?

Power 5V over usb.

No reaction....
only power led lights green
Hey,
have you tried this code already?:
void setup() {
// initialize serial:
Serial.begin(9600);
Serial.write(0xA6);
Serial.write(0x12);
Serial.write(0x02);
Serial.write(0x10);
Serial.write(0x14);
Serial.write(0xCF);
delay(500);
Serial.write(0xA6);
Serial.write(0x12);
Serial.write(0x02);
Serial.write(0x11);
Serial.write(0x14);
Serial.write(0x0B);
}

void loop() {
delay(500);
Serial.write(0xA6);
Serial.write(0x12);
Serial.write(0x02);
Serial.write(0x15);
Serial.write(0x14);
Serial.write(0x30);
}
You could also try this "Version" Then you can seewith the builtin LED if your Arduino processes or not:
void setup() {
// initialize serial:
digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, 0.3);
Serial.begin(9600);
Serial.write(0xA6);
Serial.write(0x12);
Serial.write(0x02);
Serial.write(0x10);
Serial.write(0x14);
Serial.write(0xCF);
delay(500);
digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, 0.7);
Serial.write(0xA6);
Serial.write(0x12);
Serial.write(0x02);
Serial.write(0x11);
Serial.write(0x14);
Serial.write(0x0B);
digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, 0);

}

void loop() {
digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, 1);
delay(500);
Serial.write(0xA6);
Serial.write(0x12);
Serial.write(0x02);
Serial.write(0x15);
Serial.write(0x14);
Serial.write(0x30);
digitalWrite(LED_BUILTIN, 0);
}
Unlock is a Arduino Nano in box. black box. It works on most scooters no promises or refunds, from what I hear. If it worth $80 to you go for it. They used code grabbed from another guy on this forum to make it work.
electricool wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:27 am
MrSpriggs1 wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:02 am
Hey Electricool,
electricool wrote:
happy for you
thank you

Hi MrSpriggs1
Thank you for your answer, I ordered an analyzer logic to check the output of my arduino, for the moment the arduino flashes well but I think your code must work well for ESC200G, I have not yet managed with a ESC100.
What do you think of this:

https://scooter-unlock.eu/shop/diagnost ... o-the-tank
The pinout looks correct, mind if I uses that nice picture you made? But Im working from a ES-200B I haven't seen a G.
x7y wrote:
Hello,

Power 5V over usb.

No reaction....
MrSpriggs1 wrote:
Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:56 am
The pinout looks correct, mind if I uses that nice picture you made? But Im working from a ES-200B I haven't seen a G.
x7y wrote:
Hello,

Power 5V over usb.

No reaction....
Mine are es-200 Revision G especially used by tier and sold over the mytier page.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]