An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Changing mobility one trip at a time.
I want to enable more speed and I don’t want to use this MyTier app all the time. I got yesterday my esp32 and managed to get the Unlocker from Mr. Spriggs working with the RemoteXY on my phone.
My next step is to install it on the scooter, but I have to stay at work till night today :(
funbag wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 8:43 am
No it won't. :D

What will you be working on? ;)
Peter Meter wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 8:23 am
Will the alarm go on if I disconnect the round plug that connects the scooters to the GPS module?
Just asking because I bought a mytier and I don’t want to wake up my neighbors when I’m working on it at late night. :ugeek:
Hi there,

i am new to the forum and on the voyage to unbundle my myTIER from the App. The App fr month now i giving me constant problems. Sometimes I cannot even lock my scooter again and have to leave it behind unlocked. Often time it simply wont connect via BT and I have to restart my Phone and the App. It is really a pain.

So now I am here, ready to get deep into the rabbit hole. But I am hoping that someone can give me a kickstart so that I do not have to read all the >2000 posts in this thread! ;-)

@Peter Meter : Would be kind enough to share your experience and hopefully code for the solution with the ESP32? I have plenty of ESP32 lying arround from my home automation voyages and I'd love to replace the Tier App with a ESP32 and lightwight App on my phone.

Thank you very much in Advance!
Best regards
Alex
Not sure about the myTIER scooters but many of the rentals have a 2 minute lock when running from an ESP32. If that's the case for myTIER as well, then you won't be able to get it running. Until someone finds the algorithm/solution for it. :)
AlexanderHusta wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 9:20 am
Hi there,

i am new to the forum and on the voyage to unbundle my myTIER from the App. The App fr month now i giving me constant problems. Sometimes I cannot even lock my scooter again and have to leave it behind unlocked. Often time it simply wont connect via BT and I have to restart my Phone and the App. It is really a pain.

So now I am here, ready to get deep into the rabbit hole. But I am hoping that someone can give me a kickstart so that I do not have to read all the >2000 posts in this thread! ;-)

@Peter Meter : Would be kind enough to share your experience and hopefully code for the solution with the ESP32? I have plenty of ESP32 lying arround from my home automation voyages and I'd love to replace the Tier App with a ESP32 and lightwight App on my phone.

Thank you very much in Advance!
Best regards
Alex
funbag wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 2:52 pm
Not sure about the myTIER scooters but many of the rentals have a 2 minute lock when running from an ESP32. If that's the case for myTIER as well, then you won't be able to get it running. Until someone finds the algorithm/solution for it. :)
Yes, the myTIER Scooters have the same lockdown after 2min. That was found out by some owners where the SIM card had been vibrated out of the IoT Box. Once re-inserted and seated correctly back into te SIM slot the scooters would stay on beyond the 2min mark. It was also found out that the 2min lockdown appearantly can be avoided by disconnecting one of the cables to the ESC, however this had some other drawback. Not sure what it was though.... have to do some forum digging to find that again.

What might also be intersting is no to hack into the Scooter and the IoT box directly but to connect a ESP32 via bluetooth to just get rid of that goddamn shitty App. Everybody who has legally optained their myTIER should also have the bluetooth password. That would allow either repalcing the genuie App with somethig own and more reliable ....or.... unluck the scooter via button press / RFC token or something else controlled via the ESP32. That would mean no modification the scooter at all in the first place.
funbag wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:14 am
Tried this one but without success. :(

Connected ESP32 Tx to the blue wire between ESC and BMS, sending 0x3A, 0x13, 0x01, 0x16, 0x79 every 5 seconds. BMS still shuts down power after 2 minutes.

Any other ideas worth looking at?
Did you use the correct Baud rate (9600)?
Other than that, keep in mind that the Arduino is 5V and the ESP32 is 3.3V(I don't remember what the battery uses).
Hello. As i already wrote i managed to turn on/off my scooter with a RemoteX based app and a arduino/BT-module/dropdown - solution connected to the green plug at the scooter. To make my scooter not using any energy i placed a switch between the +42V cable coming directly from the scooter and my dropdown-converter. Now i found out, that my scooter discharges even if i switch off the switch. I tried to find out what's going on by by replacing the switch to make sure that the switch is not the problem. But even without a switch and not connected +42V there seems to be power on the cables from the scooter. For sure less than +42 but enough to discharge my scooter battery within 2 weeks. Just when i unplug the whole system from the green plug the battery seems not to discharge. Any idea if there is power on the blue and green cable (TX / RX) from the scooter?!
screwyourscrew wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:34 pm
funbag wrote:

Connected ESP32 Tx to the blue wire between ESC and BMS, sending 0x3A, 0x13, 0x01, 0x16, 0x79 every 5 seconds. BMS still shuts down power after 2 minutes.

Other than that, keep in mind that the Arduino is 5V and the ESP32 is 3.3V(I don't remember what the battery uses).
Yes, correct Baud rate was used.

The voltage on Arduino vs ESP32 shouldn't matter. We know the scooters handle both 3.3V and 5V properly.

The only theory I have left is that different models/rental companies use different codes for the BMS communication
screwyourscrew wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 5:34 pm
funbag wrote:

Ok, ran some more tests and I can confirm that the code you mentioned is being sent from ESC to BMS every third second or so. This didn't solve the problem though since the ESC sends this code until it decides to stop itself, i.e. when it hits 2 minutes. Continuing to send the code to BMS doesn't affect anything.

The conclusion is that ESC is in full control of deciding whether to stop or not. This decision is based on what it receives from the IoT and an algorithm is applied to this communication. We can rule out BMS since nothing can be done with this module to solve the keep-alive problem.

So the only thing left to do is to find the algorithm that the ESC is working with. Not a simple task though :(

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few i[…]

Hej Guys got my hands on this double battery pac[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was ev[…]

This last transistor needs to be soldered. https:[…]