An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Changing mobility one trip at a time.
Hi people,

I bought one "My Tier" scooter, and after playing around with it a bit (using an microcontroller to unlock the maximum speed and other tests) my scooter stopped working and keeps showing 06E error... I already searched and it seems to be either break or controller problem...

Anyone knows where is the problem and how can I fix it? if I need to buy a new controller, where can I find the correct replacement?
Seems that this scooter is one OKAI scooter, but I could not find replacement parts from OKAI for this one...

Thanks for the help
Gustavo
updates:

So, I contacted OKAI and they sent me the error description for 06E: It means "dammed MOSFETs"

I also asked how I could buy one replacement controller for this scooter, but they answered that I need to contact the seller for it (Tier)...

I also tried to open the controller but it is full of potting/silicon, so it is impossible to be serviced...

Is there any store where I could buy one of this OKAI controllers for my scooter :?: :?: :?:

Thanks..
I already opened a lot of them but you won't like my advice :?
There's a gap on both sides of the aluminum housing. Slide a saw inside these gaps an saw in for 2mm, the housing can plied open with a flat screwdriver after the screws that hold the FETs are removed. The black gum is really soft and can be nibbeled off down to the parts you need to work/measure on (I use a filed toothbrush handle for that, black leftovers can be brushed away with a rough toothbrush like the ones you get on long flights from airlines) Be careful, SMD components don't take much stress to be damaged! Check the FETs and when you find ones with continuity also check its gate driver IC. I soldered out all my FETs on a damaged ESC and soldered in beefy cables to connect a external FET Module to be able to use 450A 90V FETs I have laying around from an old forklift. (I'm working on a speedmod that'll use 2 BLDCs, 2 modded ESCs, 2 batteries with modded shunts, and a horn instead of the tiny bell) I hobe to get 60-70kph out of this Frankenstein
Hi Rick,

Thanks for the advice, in the end I got my entire scooter replaced by Tier, so no more problems with the hw..

Although I am still struggling with the protocol, even sending the correct unlock packet (0xA6 0x12 0x02 0x15 0x14 0x30) every 500ms my scooter eventually "dies" after a couple of minutes riding... I need to reconnect the Tier module to "re-enable" the scooter, do you know why? or do you know where can I find more information about this?

Good luck with your improvements!

BR
Gustavo
Sorry, the "2 minute keepalive" is still a mystery to us. We know they patched the scooters, so now the ESC sends a message to the IoT and expects a confirmation message back, otherwise it shuts down.

Still interested in knowing whether someone is working on trying to solve this lock. I'm making some attempts but would like to have someone to bounce off a couple of ideas with.
gustavo.laureano wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:57 am
Hi Rick,

Thanks for the advice, in the end I got my entire scooter replaced by Tier, so no more problems with the hw..

Although I am still struggling with the protocol, even sending the correct unlock packet (0xA6 0x12 0x02 0x15 0x14 0x30) every 500ms my scooter eventually "dies" after a couple of minutes riding... I need to reconnect the Tier module to "re-enable" the scooter, do you know why? or do you know where can I find more information about this?

Good luck with your improvements!

BR
Gustavo
Hi funbag,

Yes, I figured it out by myself here, now there are these "7A 12 0A ..." packets from the IOT module to the ESC every 20 of the other "keep unlocked" packets...
Some kind of auth code..
From what I saw here these packets are not dependent of any information sent by the ESC module, as the ESC module seems to only send its own statuses periodically (the packet "A5 13 26 ...", which does not contain any frequently modified data)

As somebody already said in another topic, the goal is understanding the 10 bytes payload of the 7A12 packet.. what could it be?

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few i[…]

Hej Guys got my hands on this double battery pac[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was ev[…]

This last transistor needs to be soldered. https:[…]