An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Changing mobility one trip at a time.
By Mainstreamlos
Can anybody explain or help me with the new model ES 400 Scooter?
Any idea how the get this thing running?
Looking for tutorials for this specific model with changeable battery.
Last edited by Mainstreamlos on Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
By don471234
Mainstreamlos wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:21 am
Can anybody explain or help me with the new model ES 300 Scooter?
Any idea how the get this thing running?
Looking for tutorials for this specific model with changeable battery.
you must have a 56 V charger at first.....have you picture?
By Mainstreamlos
Sorry, its the model ES-400 with changeable battery and not ES-300. It's the latest version from TIER bui
It's the same motherboard like the model ES-200 has.
I couldn't open the tutorial without a windows Computer because you need a software called waveforms.
A friend has a refurbished Tier ES-200 and we want to try to add the motherboard from this model to the ES-400. E refurbished ES-200 only needs Bluetooth to get stated. But it's still the SIM inside.
So we think it's maybe not a good idea. I'm not sure what kind of data it sends.
Maybe some of the battery and if they see a ES-200 sends data from a ES-400 model than they knew something is wrong.
Is it possible to unlock the battery and the motherboard?
I saw its nessessary to buy equipment like CanBus adapter and some things. We don't have very much knowledge, so is it possible to get the scooter turn into a personal scooter?
I'm grateful for every help we can get.
If we have problems is it possible to send the motherboard with post to get flashed? (only for the worst case Szenario that we absolutely didn't get it)? Of course we would pay for it.

Regards Mainstreamlos
By JimFiction
Hi, after some Brainstorming und thinking, I unlocked the battery very easily (simple), but if you want to try this "mod" you have to extract battery pack out of aluminium housing, to get access to the BMS.
Don't try to push the battery pack out of the Aluminium case. You will only damage the electronics inside!
The easiest way is to to cut aluminium case with a flexxcutter (Winkelschleifer).
One long cut at the opposite side of the BMS...

The naked battery pack must be cleaned of the pottery. At the BMS there are some MOSFETs.
Between them ist im freespace for another MOSFET but this spot is empty.
You have to to make a connection between the the spot of the empty MOSFETplace and a little contact point sonme millimeters up.
Look :
By alpha-b
Hello friends I am coming to the news about the unlocking of the ES400!
Have you successfully unlocked ?
I have a scooter in my possession ES200B and ES400CAN !
I would have liked to know if it was possible to install the controller ES200 On the ES400 chassis for unlock ?

Or if someone sells unlocking kits I'm very interested :D
By sunny
Mainstreamlos wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:21 am
Sorry, its the model ES-400 with changeable battery and not ES-300. It's the latest version from TIER bui
It's the same motherboard like the model ES-200 has.
I couldn't open the tutorial without a windows Computer because you need a software called waveforms.
A friend has a refurbished Tier ES-200 and we want to try to add the motherboard from this model to the ES-400. E refurbished ES-200 only needs Bluetooth to get stated. But it's still the SIM inside.
So we think it's maybe not a good idea. I'm not sure what kind of data it sends.
Maybe some of the battery and if they see a ES-200 sends data from a ES-400 model than they knew something is wrong.
Is it possible to unlock the battery and the motherboard?
I saw its nessessary to buy equipment like CanBus adapter and some things. We don't have very much knowledge, so is it possible to get the scooter turn into a personal scooter?
I'm grateful for every help we can get.
If we have problems is it possible to send the motherboard with post to get flashed? (only for the worst case Szenario that we absolutely didn't get it)? Of course we would pay for it.

Regards Mainstreamlos
If you are still trying to make it work in Oct of 2020 here is what i have done after reading all the forums and posts online.

Tier ES400 is CAN Controlled. Maybe you already read this somewhere .Here is the news flash battery , motor even the acceleration is CAN controlled. Without the CAN Communication developing knowledge . its impossible to make them work.

Solution
First disconnect the main computer GPS box whatever you want to call.

1.Solution for using the onboard battery....

You have basically a dead battey in a locked compartment which you need to crack open. Once you are in,if you still want to use the same battery cut open the battery case carefully , the battey is potted so you can not get the pack out of the metal compartment without cutting it open. Then bypass the BMS by taking negative from BMS and positve from no 13+ve terminal. Keep all the wires connected so you can still use the BMS function for charging the battey. To charge the battey you do not need to communicate with a CAN message. Once you have a battey ready you can connect it back to the charging port.

2. Disconnect the controller
You need a new controller . this is the only thing you need along with a 54v charger.
connect the new controller with the existing motor cables 3 mains 5 hall sensors you can leave the thin white cable away .if your controller has 6 sensor cables go for it. battey connection can be done later . so you have a controller and battery ready.

3. get the cables from the handle 4break cables two on each side can be connected parallel, 3acceleration cables can be directly connected to 3 cables on the controller. getting the handle cables are a bit tricky since you need to take abunch of screws out .

all thats left is connecting the battery to the controller , You have a working scooter.

total investment -30ish euros for the controller from AliExpress . i bought a 1000watts one.you can also go for 500 but 1000 gives me around 28kms but the torque is pretty good.
14 eur for charger

The dashboard won't be working but hey you have a bulky scooter that can literally take you off-road. i know mine does. you can also get an external display for info along with your controller.

i know this is really a dumb way to hack the scooter. but at the end of the day if you have working scooter without anylimitations why not.
By bktllrr
Hi Sunny,

thanks for the tutorial. One question, how can I program the controller in order to unlock the scooter and which controller did you buy?

Thanks in advance,

bktllrrr
By trubadix
JimFiction wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 7:01 pm
Hi, after some Brainstorming und thinking, I unlocked the battery very easily (simple), but if you want to try this "mod" you have to extract battery pack out of aluminium housing, to get access to the BMS.
Don't try to push the battery pack out of the Aluminium case. You will only damage the electronics inside!
The easiest way is to to cut aluminium case with a flexxcutter (Winkelschleifer).

The naked battery pack must be cleaned of the pottery. At the BMS there are some MOSFETs.
You have to to make a connection between the the spot of the empty MOSFETplace and a little contact point sonme millimeters up.
Look :
Hey there! Interesting. but wouldn´t it be quite dangerous to use the Battery without an BMS when discharging? Or does the BMS still work and you just skip the "CAN- lock"?
thanks for the pictures :)
By Mrkris7100
trubadix wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:21 pm
JimFiction wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 7:01 pm

Look :
Hey there! Interesting. but wouldn´t it be quite dangerous to use the Battery without an BMS when discharging? Or does the BMS still work and you just skip the "CAN- lock"?
thanks for the pictures :)
Thats interesting way to unlock it. i always unlocked it by connecting B+ (last cell) to cutted of cable in battery terminal. I am thinking this way is bypassing BMS or discharge protection still works?

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few i[…]

Hej Guys got my hands on this double battery pac[…]

As this was a rental version whos overstock was ev[…]

This last transistor needs to be soldered. https:[…]