An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Making money in the scooter game.
By guisar
Bird sent out the email below notifying mechanics of the new storage hours. The storage locker they mention is where Bird mechanics drop off scooters they can't repair. As someone who works a regular 9 to 5 this is total bull. I'm now no longer able to drop off scooters at a time that I'm not working.
Hi Mechs,

In an effort to streamline Bird’s storage operation, starting at 5:30pm on Friday, October 26th you will no longer be able to access the storage unit outside of the Fleet Coordinator work hours below.

New Storage Access Hours: 9:30am-5:30pm, Monday-Friday*. If you are ever at the unit during these hours and do not see your Fleet Coordinator OR a "Will Return at:" sign, please write into our Help chat via the Bird app.

*Fleet Coordinators will not be available from 12pm-1pm as they will be at lunch.

Storage facilities are not to be accessed outside of these hours. Never leave Birds outside of a unit. Birds left at storage facilities outside approved hours will not be accepted.

For markets that are approaching winter, we will have updated hours of operation sent out soon.

Occasionally, Fleet Coordinators may call out for various reasons. We will send out last-minute updates via text.

If you have any questions, please write in through your Help tab in app.

Thanks,

The BIRD Team
By druinthor
I understand your frustration but get where Bird is coming from by doing this. I always found it odd they left parts in the storage locker unattended. People were certainly taking way more than they needed. It would be nice if they were open Tuesday - Saturday instead.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]