An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Making money in the scooter game.
By Edmund
Since I began capturing Birds there are several items I use frequently. Here is the list of items I take out with me every time along with others suggested by fellow members.

Bird & Lime Scooter Charging Bricks
New chargers will receive three chargers from Bird or Lime. They'll send more chargers once you've been charging consistently and this can take several weeks. Buying extra chargers will help you get a fast start and pay for themselves quickly.
Click here to view this item on Amazon.
Provided by @MargaritaChicken

Folding Outdoor Utility Wagon
Birds available for capture are often close enough to one another to walk from one to the next. It can be difficult, slow to transport more than two at a time. A utility wagon will allow you to park your vehicle in a central location and capture more Birds before dropping them off back at your ride. See how it's done here.

Thick Heavy Duty Tarp
Birds get dirty while they travel the city throughout the day. If you are using a car or SUV protecting the interior of your vehicle is a must. A heavy duty will accomplish this.

LED Tactical Flashlight
All Birds appear on the map to be captured shortly after 9pm. This means you’re often out at night searching for Birds. Using a flashlight will help you spot a Bird quickly.

Official Bird Shirt
Capturing Birds involves constantly monitoring your GPS location and pacing the same location until you spot the scooter. To an onlooker this will come off as very odd behavior. An official Bird shirt will explain your behavior. These used to be available on Amazon from Bird. Keep an eye out for them to pop up again or request a shirt from Bird directly.
Provided by @druinthor

Phone Mount
When out capturing Birds you’ll constantly be using your phone’s navigation to get around the city. A phone mount will allow you to keep both hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road.

Shop Towels
Birds get messy, especially when they are wet. A quick wipe down before loading them into your vehicle will help keep your ride clean.

Hand Sanitizer
The grips for Bird scooters have many different people grabbing on to them throughout the day. Bring hand sanitizer to kill any germs that get passed your way.
Provided by @2drnslik

Automatic Pro
Trip Logging, Parking Tracking, Crash Alert, Business Tagging, Fuel Cost Analysis, and more, all in a device that connects to your OBD-II port.
Check out the official site here.
Provided by @Nottinghaam

Elgato Eve Energy
Apple HomeKit Enabled, Power Consumption, and Cost Analysis.
There are similar devices that are compatible with other platforms but I know that this can handle controlling a power strip with 6 Birds plugged in. I have occasionally had issues with my chargers overheating and shutting down during the night resulting in a mad dash to get birds up to 98% battery. This allows me to schedule shut downs and restarts of the chargers after a few minutes every few hours to keep this from happening.
Check out the official site here.
Provided by @Nottinghaam
Last edited by Edmund on Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.
By birdman
If you're a crazy like me who stacks them twelve high in the back of your rig, definitely a pair of gloves. I have abrasions on my hands from twisting the Bird bodies so they lay neatly in the pile and do not bang into each other during transport. My heavy duty welding gauntlets are going out with me from now on.
By Nottinghaam
Gloves!!!! Why haven’t I thought of that?! I carved up my finger yesterday when it got stuck between two birds and still I hadn’t thought of wearing gloves!

Sometimes the simplest things can evade you.
By Nottinghaam
I’m trying a pair of leather gloves that I have that are similar to the first item.

I do like the knuckle and finger protection on the second item but they seem like they would be harder to get on and off in order to use the touchscreen on our phones.

I saw a pair with touchscreen capabilities built in with knuckle protection but I cannot really recommend them without trying.

All Purpose Work Gloves, Hi-Dexterity, Touch-Screen Capable, Knuckle Protection, Large (Wells Lamont 7682L) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P10UC0M/re ... CBb9NV1WA9

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]