An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
Wanting to know what others think about the Stator scooter.. or Waitor scooter as it’s been years in development with zero updates as of late. Why doesn’t another company build a similar fat wheel ,low deck scooter without making it a engineering feat of epic proportions? Keep it simple, fast and fat..
Anyone interested in starting a US based scooter company? Can it be done? I think so...

I just haven’t been very impressed by anything I have seen aside from a expensive Dualtron but even that looks kinda ridiculous and is just impressive based on its capabilities.

Is there a market for something like a less complex Stator scooter?

Would really appreciate any feedback at all on the subject.. or whatever you wanna add about the escooter market in general.
Thanks
Super f**king tight. That scooter goes hard, man. Never seen one before now.
And Ive been thinking about starting with a scooter/bike shop and possibly growing it into manufacturing.
Scooters are blowing up quick tho. The time is now if youre gonna do it. And American made is great, but one would probably still need to outsource to China to stay profitable. American labor is expensive. We have like, rights and sh*t over here. Hahaha...actually thats not that funny its kinda sad. ANYWAYS, I have one or two connections there. My girls brother lives out there. He teaches the Chinese how to speak Engrish. No, not a typo. And one of my customers is a liason to Chinese factories and does exactly what we would need to do...which is send the plans and the money to the right place and get them to start cranking out product. He takes a cut, but unless you speak Chinese, youll need a guy like that.

If you are serious and want to talk, PM me.
Its funny I literally just posted about the same sort of thing earlier today.
What city you in, anyways?
Hay LA..
yea I have done quite a lot of business in China since about 1996 with manufacturing and import. Not anything cool like electric vehicles but still machines and all the headaches that go along with importing sh*t tons of containers into the USA. I have spent many hot sweaty months over there beating my head against dirty walls trying to get them to change small things that make a big difference. I have always felt like China manufacturing gets about 85% of the way there and that last 15% is extremely difficult to get without showing them why and literally staying there until it’s corrected. Can be a motherf***er if your making something with tight tolerance or if looks matter😂

Anyway yea the stator is sick and I want one. We might just have to build a few and see what happens.
I’m in Phoenix.. only a few hours on a scooter and I can get to LA😂
I would be highly interested in getting into the scooter business, it is not that hard to build a custom chassis and simpli-stik the right internals inside. I think it's interesting how you mention Manufacturing, my only hesitation about dealing with the Chinese is intellectual property theft and what stops them from flooding the market with your design? If you were able to find a good American source for Parts, I feel like you could assemble a small but effective manufacturing team who would be able to pump these suckers out. I would be interested in that aspect of the business, I am located down in San Diego, so the middle grounds for both of you LOL.
Yea my thoughts are more focused on American made , however parts will definitely need to be sourced from overseas. I have a lot of manufacturing experience doing exactly this type of thing. Bringing in materials from overseas and doing the manufacturing/ assembly here. For a electric vehicle business like scooters and other cool electric things the good part is the chassis are fairly small so even in a small shop it could pump out frames pretty quickly.

We should setup a scooter rally sometime this summer in California , on the beach somewhere.
Bring a few toys out to show off and shoot the sh*t.
365GUY wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 3:22 am
Yea my thoughts are more focused on American made , however parts will definitely need to be sourced from overseas. I have a lot of manufacturing experience doing exactly this type of thing. Bringing in materials from overseas and doing the manufacturing/ assembly here. For a electric vehicle business like scooters and other cool electric things the good part is the chassis are fairly small so even in a small shop it could pump out frames pretty quickly.

We should setup a scooter rally sometime this summer in California , on the beach somewhere.
Bring a few toys out to show off and shoot the sh*t.
I'm obviously down like a clown Charlie Brown
I have found 8 -10” wide scooter hub motors with very similar size tires as the Stator. They call them self balancing because there so wide. The Stator says it’s a self balancing scooter but it’s actually just the wide wheels that make it stand up without a kickstand.
I am considering ordering a set of wide wheels and see what I could come up with in terms of the chassis. I’m a fairly experienced metal fabricator and it’s one of the things I truly enjoy. Im not into computers and software because I am much more interested into design and functions of things you can touch and build with your hands. I look at the electric bikes / scooters on the market and feel like there missing the mark, although some of the designs are amazing most are crap.

The Stator is completely different and it would sell well if it drives as good as it looks.

I’m not interested in copying the Stator scooter but I have always wanted a wide and low scooter.
Speaking of good looking scooters....check out this e-bike....
Holy mother of God, be still my motherfuckin heart....an e-bike that isnt horrendously ugly!

They call it "cowboy". I guess they had to find a way to gay it up some how.
But whats in a name?

sh*t looks pretty f**kin good if you ask me.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]