An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
people keep talking about auctions but i assumed they were just speaking in code but how do you actually find these auctions? M365s are also gone in my city but i would like to go to one to see if i can find a few to use for parts, i want to make a dual zero motored m365
Freebird wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:25 pm
@CoinCoin88
The m365's are still plentiful at auctions. A lot of the auctions have inventory that's been sitting around for several months. They have to offer the owner a certain amount of time to claim their property and pay any applicable fines, etc.

M365's are the easiest to repurpose.
just swap out the dashboard with a blue clone board and it works. (Lyft-remove the splitter under the deck)
If you want to tweak the firmware you need a real OEM board which is about $15 more.
If you really like tweaking, you can get the M365Pro dashboard, but you need an OEM dashboard to flash the controller before using the Pro dashboard. -Note that the real M365pro has larger motor, controller, and battery than the rentals and it's easy to ruin the motor or controller by overtweaking.
Many city councils and their towing services will hold weekly/monthly auctions for towed vehicles that haven't been claimed after an extended period or have been seized and are sold again tp the highest bidder. These vehicles sometimes include electric scooters when they are towed because they are illegally parked and either spotted by police/city services, or reported by private citizen who are fed up with these accumulating next to their place.
absolutejdm wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:44 pm
Donttalktome wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:07 am
hi. i recently came into a SPIN rental ninebot es2 through legal means and i have changed the controller with a cheap knockoff. it will not even cut on when i charge it. should i change the dashboard too? i live in los angeles. can someone please help me out i'm new at this. thx
From what I understand is either you can replace it with a clone or an OEM dash. Also maybe flashing it will work.
Once the dashboard is flashed, will ES_downG flash the controller through Bluetooth, or does the controller need to be flashed with ST-Link v2 wired directly?
By Tai The Guy
Got to the end - segway app. & got error (19). Lots of beeping/flashing lights.

In method 2, it says to flash the stock dash & controller.
I did find info on dash & successfully flashed it with ST-Link& open ocd, & ES_DownG
The controller tho... A mystery.
I'm working with a repurposed jump scooter that had external gps. According to post, i can use stock components.
So... How the hell do u flash the controller??
Start a new thread, what do you mean by “fried super fast”?
Risitas98 wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:35 pm
Hello,
I hacked 2 segway models(I already knew conversion methods months before this thread was created) but they fried super fast and now they won't power on. They charge but rear lights doesn't power on too while doing this. Anyone has a fix please?
Donttalktome wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:07 am
hi. i recently came into a SPIN rental ninebot es2 through legal means and i have changed the controller with a cheap knockoff. it will not even cut on when i charge it. should i change the dashboard too? i live in los angeles. can someone please help me out i'm new at this. thx
I’ve done 2 spins. You can flash or buy a flashed dashboard and upload new firmware and that’s it!

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]