An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

What's happening in the world of dockless transportation
Ismailm89 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:02 pm
Khoral91320 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:14 am
Pm me for info on bunch of impounded ES2s and few M365 that will be auctioned off in next couple of weeks out of San Diego.

The ES2s are near new condition.
I cannot pm you. Can’t find it. Can you pm me info on this please?
I pm him too but it seems he goes inactive for a good duration between post. I think it’s going to be on the http://www.kenporterauctions.com/ website. That’s for SDPD auction and it seems the only auction company listed on sandiego.gov website. I’m not even sure if it’s the correct website they’re going to do the scooter auction.
Freebird wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:07 am
Is anyone going tomorrow? They are all M365's and look to be in good shape. There's even some of the vaunted rare albino birds in the lot.

280W battery pack X 375 units = 105KW which is more than a fancy Tesla :lol:
Can you explain how and where I can buy bulk rental used scooters?
You have to show up, in person, with cash to buy (or someone does on behalf of you with cash)an they aren't able to do this on the weekend which makes it hard. Be warned, some have sat so long their batteries aren't in great shape since they've sat for so long not being charged.
to be honest, its s random nobody in this forum can give you an honest answer. you just have to keep doing your research and be very lucky. its easy in california because you'll just be driving down the street one night and will find dismembered, abandoned scooters on the side of the road. you take em home, call the corresponding company and report them, and then if they dont pick them up within a certain time frame (depends on state), they are yours from public domain and are considered abandoned. get enough of these parts or get lucky enough to get a whole body, the cost of converting them can be minimal. opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, so do your own research. be patient. it takes time. this scene is growing every day and more information and tech is coming and will enpower you to build or convert your own.

even the auction in virginia is a no go because they are in negotiation with bird and those birds are currently on hold and were not auctioned on the 12th of august.

of course you could buy one outright, but if you're a tinkerer or like the thrill of the hunt like me, its not as fun. i have converted some abandoned scooters, its a thrill when you know you put it all together yourself out of the passion for the technology.

theres a lot of thieves out there, actually theres a lot of thieves in here as well but i dont give a sh*t about what you do in your personal time. back before the internet we did all kinds of hacking. this is just another medium of expression.. in fact its the first one that personally has caught my attention since i started building PCs.. so its hard not to dwell in the grey area. being a charger for multiple companies has given me interesting and unique opportunities to be a mechanic, meet other colorful entities who do run in those grey areas and see all the crazy sh*t people are doing. its happening and none of us are innocent, i dont care how much you claim to be pure and guilt free. if youy got a bird in your livingroom chances are it wasnt bought at an auction. its EXTREMELY rare to find these at auctions.

so lets not all act like we know everything and share what info we can. we're all in this together!! . lets get back to being enthusiasts and tinkerers and brothers/sisters fighting the good fight for clean energy micro mobility!!

YEA!!!
Siebert's Towing in Richmond is now selling all the Bird M365 that they impounded. They are selling for $105 each plus 3% if you use a credit card instead of cash. If you call there, the person you want to talk with is Rhonda. She is in charge of all the scooters.

I went yesterday morning and picked up five, three black and two white. They gave me a receipt showing that I bought them and that they are legal. There were several other people there buying them since they posted it on their website and also it was in a news article online. Luckily the place is about 10 minutes from my work, so I ran over in the morning to get them. They are in great shape, but now I had to order a charger and board to get them working. If anyone has specific resources on that, please let me know by email: dwaotm@gmail.com

If anyone contacts them and they still have them, and they want me to pick some up for them, let me know. I'm not going to ship them though, so you will eventually need to pick them up from me in the Richmond, VA area.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]