An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By cyborgrd
Can you share some pics? How is the wire connection, now remove the GPS, etc. What is about the board? Must it be flashed or it works with the replaced controller? Please do a litte manual how to personalize the scooter.
By Madyicstik
ray_t wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:13 pm
Madyicstik wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:08 pm
ray_t wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:06 pm

Yes, I also noticed this behaviour. Also if you accelerate too fast, you loose sync between phase advance and actual rotational speed.
do you know if theres a fix?

No. Should not occur with a controller that is dedicated to work without hall sensors.
Maybe my 500W controller is too powerful for the 250w (?) motor. But even after long distances my motor does only get warm moderately.

you mean it should quiet down if the motor is on load IF the controller is the "no hall sensor type"? ive actually tried this and it doesnt make a difference.
By ray_t
Madyicstik wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:23 pm
ray_t wrote:
Madyicstik wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:08 pm

do you know if theres a fix?

No. Should not occur with a controller that is dedicated to work without hall sensors.
Maybe my 500W controller is too powerful for the 250w (?) motor. But even after long distances my motor does only get warm moderately.

you mean it should quiet down if the motor is on load IF the controller is the "no hall sensor type"? ive actually tried this and it doesnt make a difference.
No, it should not make the motor more quiet, but prohibit it from loosing sync during acceleration.
By ray_t
cyborgrd wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:56 am
Can you share some pics? How is the wire connection, now remove the GPS, etc. What is about the board? Must it be flashed or it works with the replaced controller? Please do a litte manual how to personalize the scooter.
GPS removal is depicted in the repair manual (link in this thread) and has also been discussed here.
You need a new controller and it's connection depends on it's type.
By Madyicstik
ray_t wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:15 pm
Madyicstik wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:23 pm
ray_t wrote:
No, it should not make the motor more quiet, but prohibit it from loosing sync during acceleration.
what are the signs that its loosing sync? im gonna have to buy one that doesnt have a hall sensor. care to link me to a good one? is it possible to have a higher wattage controller to run 2 motors or 2 motors needs 2 different controllers?
By Andruchs
@ray_t where did you fit the controller? Did you use a custom throttle or could you hook up the original one to the controller?

@Mad_Martin @Benben
Also, I guess you use it in Berlin or at least Germany.
Did you register it with a license plate or do you only use it in house? :D
By migyfight
Looking to get a controller for one of these anyone know what kind of battery it is as I like to run more starting amps for accelerating.. What AH and/or cells so I dont blow it up?
By M20001
Hello Volks,

I think it´s better to try to hack the Green Box, so you can unlock/lock the Scooter with the geniue
Controller with your Phone by SMS for example. Replacing the original Controller through a cheap
chinese part is like changing a diamond through a potato. The lime Controller has very good mosfets, ST with 100a current, there is also a 32 bit CPU from ST, and their power connections on the board are ways better than the power connections on the chinese controller. And by the way the processor on the controller is not locked, so you can read its software, but the question is how can we read out the softwre from the green box.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]