An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
Slapped an OEM M365 Pro Dashboard on an M365.

The scooter powers on and all functions on the dashboard seem to work. When I push the scooter around manually the display changes from 0mph to whatever speed the front wheel is spinning at. I kick off hard and try to accelerate and no go :(

I am able to connect to the scooter via Mi Home app and my first time doing so it automatically updated firmware to:

BMS Version: 126

BLE Version: 100

DRV Version: 161

I am able to lock the motor via the Mi Home App, but I'm able to push the scooter around while its locked. It gives me little resistance and beeps crazy when I do but it doesn't actually lock to the point where I can't push it. I can push it easily when locked but it has slight resistance. Is it suppose to not roll at all when locked? Definitely able to roll when locked but there's little resistance. Is this normal or is my motor shot? Mi Home app says its got 59 km on it

I took off the battery cover to glance over the internals and the control board seems pretty clean, but I didn't remove the controller to check the other side of the board The battery seems to hold a charge just fine. Still 100%.. of course, it cant be driven..

I'm tempted to just buy both a new motor, control board and new accelerator throttle thingy. But I really would like to narrow it down if i possibly can and save money and have peace of mind. I'd be annoyed if i bought every thing and then found out I only needed one of the three.

I'd appreciate it if someone could help me with this. Thanks in advance!
hakaveli wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:04 pm

The scooter powers on and all functions on the dashboard seem to work. When I push the scooter around manually the display changes from 0mph to whatever speed the front wheel is spinning at. I kick off hard and try to accelerate and no go :(

I am able to connect to the scooter via Mi Home app and my first time doing so it automatically updated firmware to:

I am able to lock the motor via the Mi Home App, but I'm able to push the scooter around while its locked. It gives me little resistance and beeps crazy when I do but it doesn't actually lock to the point where I can't push it. I can push it easily when locked but it has slight resistance. Is it suppose to not roll at all when locked? Definitely able to roll when locked but there's little resistance. Is this normal or is my motor shot? Mi Home app says its got 59 km on it

I took off the battery cover to glance over the internals and the control board seems pretty clean, but I didn't remove the controller to check the other side of the board The battery seems to hold a charge just fine. Still 100%.. of course, it cant be driven..

I'm tempted to just buy both a new motor, control board and new accelerator throttle thingy. But I really would like to narrow it down if i possibly can and save money and have peace of mind. I'd be annoyed if i bought every thing and then found out I only needed one of the three.

Are you sure you have the motor phases Connected to the controller correctly? It should be blue, green, yellow (like in the picture) also check all the connections to the controller, battery and dashboard. If you can’t figure out the problem last thing you can do is start swapping out parts…
Robert Brown wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:46 pm
hakaveli wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:04 pm

Are you sure you have the motor phases Connected to the controller correctly? It should be blue, green, yellow (like in the picture) also check all the connections to the controller, battery and dashboard. I had the same problem where everything look like it was working but the scooter wouldn’t go and the phases weren’t connected to the controller properly. If you can’t figure out the problem last thing you can do is start swapping out parts…

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]