An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
feijocas wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:04 am
8) Alter the controller so that it enables maximum speed:
Change the internal shunt in the PCB inside (you will find it in EVERY motor controller)) and put it a much thicker one.
This will bypass the speed limit and power to the scooter to enable max speeds of up to 40km/h (25mph)...

Have a nice scooter!!.
Well... I shunt as you said and the only thing that I get was a weird noise from the motor and random loss of power...
Mine is this one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/36V-48V-350W-E ... nav=SEARCH
red_haired wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:11 pm
feijocas wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:04 am
8) Alter the controller so that it enables maximum speed:
Change the internal shunt in the PCB inside (you will find it in EVERY motor controller)) and put it a much thicker one.
This will bypass the speed limit and power to the scooter to enable max speeds of up to 40km/h (25mph)...

Have a nice scooter!!.
Well... I shunt as you said and the only thing that I get was a weird noise from the motor and random loss of power...
Mine is this one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/36V-48V-350W-E ... nav=SEARCH
That is a plain stupid solution... It highly depends how the control algorithm is created in SW. By doing that you prevent the controller from measuring current. If it is using it only to limit the current then it might work. But if it is a bit more sophisticated, then it uses the current feedback in the whole range... And even if it works you will reduce the life of motor controller significantly... And because there is a "zoo" of different controllers which might seem similar, this solution will only work for some... There are some controllers for which the SW is kind of open (google is your friend)... And you can set speed, voltage and current limits yourself.
ZipperZ wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:18 am
That is a plain stupid solution... It highly depends how the control algorithm is created in SW. By doing that you prevent the controller from measuring current. If it is using it only to limit the current then it might work. But if it is a bit more sophisticated, then it uses the current feedback in the whole range... And even if it works you will reduce the life of motor controller significantly... And because there is a "zoo" of different controllers which might seem similar, this solution will only work for some... There are some controllers for which the SW is kind of open (google is your friend)... And you can set speed, voltage and current limits yourself.
I suppose you are correct. I tried to shaunt with different wire diameter and had different behaviours from the motor but all erratic.

Any possibility of adding power to this motor, lime 2.5gen?
Horizontally I have no problems but uphill it loses many power. If it has to climb a higher degree hill it stops...
Any thoughts?
red_haired wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:30 am
ZipperZ wrote:
I suppose you are correct. I tried to shaunt with different wire diameter and had different behaviours from the motor but all erratic.

Horizontally I have no problems but uphill it loses many power. If it has to climb a higher degree hill it stops...
Any thoughts?
From what I have seen the motor should be able to handle 500W+ for short periods. So the easiest, least playing around solution would be to start with a more power capable motor controller (500W or more). This might be enough. (It is possible to modify the 250-300w controller, by changing the power transistors, heatsink, current feedback, maybe some other minor things, BUT YOU MUST BE ABLE TO MODIFY SW PARAMETERS, but when they cost not that much it is not worth it...). When this bottle neck is removed, another kind of easy but least "effective" thing would be to increase wire diameter going to the motor and decrease length... (But that only will reduce losses, not much power will be gained). And then if the motor controller can handle higher voltage, rearrange the battery, to raise the voltage... But if you will not increase the count of cells it will significantly reduce range.
So I'm looking around for motor controllers for mine. 500w is good to use for short periods of time but how do I ensure that it only gets used for a short period of time? Is there a way to program it?
ZipperZ wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:48 am
red_haired wrote:
Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:30 am
ZipperZ wrote:

Any thoughts?
From what I have seen the motor should be able to handle 500W+ for short periods. So the easiest, least playing around solution would be to start with a more power capable motor controller (500W or more). This might be enough. (It is possible to modify the 250-300w controller, by changing the power transistors, heatsink, current feedback, maybe some other minor things, BUT YOU MUST BE ABLE TO MODIFY SW PARAMETERS, but when they cost not that much it is not worth it...). When this bottle neck is removed, another kind of easy but least "effective" thing would be to increase wire diameter going to the motor and decrease length... (But that only will reduce losses, not much power will be gained). And then if the motor controller can handle higher voltage, rearrange the battery, to raise the voltage... But if you will not increase the count of cells it will significantly reduce range.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]