An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Xiaomi mijia mi M365 original and pro versions in this forum. Topics include hardware, software, hacking, riding, and everything in between.
sse450 wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:27 am
Especially when it accelerates, it makes a grinding noise.

Why is that? What can I do to fix it?

Thanks.
Ummmm... What kind of grinding noise? The only grinding noise mine makes Is the folding head rubbing on the plastic piece it sits on because the bolt comes loose. If yours is making a grinding noise it could be the bearings, the folding head like I was talking about, inside the motor you have metal on metal somehow, but the most likely scenario is the disc brake that you have to adjust? Here’s a video on how to adjust your brakes.

https://youtu.be/cc5QSCBjyjw
By zendrian
There should be no grinding noise... ever :shock: . Can you tell where it's coming from?

If the rear wheel very possible the brakes/brake pad needs adjustment. The pad is held in place with a magnet and if it ships loose, it may have come unseated. if this is the case it just needs to get opened up and re-set.

If coming from the front wheel (but not he motor), say if it's clicking - it may be the air pressure valve hitting the fork on each rotation. The clearance there is super tight so if it's hanging a little far it can definitely hit. Just tighten the lid OR deflate the tire enough so you can push the whole nozzle back into the wheel (slightly) and then re-inflate.

If the sound is coming from inside the motor itself - stop riding immediately and get it returned. That may indicate a loose magnet which will self-destruct at some point.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]