An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By hophamsean
Danone wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:17 am
Stop using Chinese controllers.
Start hacking the og esc
How does one go about hacking the og controller? what kind of tool is need, software? Would love to hear more about this, can you share? Thank you.
By Fmrlmemech77
I too would like to know where to start looking how to do that. Any pointers?
hophamsean wrote:
Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:44 pm
Danone wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:17 am
Stop using Chinese controllers.
Start hacking the og esc
How does one go about hacking the og controller? what kind of tool is need, software? Would love to hear more about this, can you share? Thank you.
By cooterjones
Would love to look into hacking the stock controller.
Wired up a cheapo non LCD 350w, works but is weird, kind of gimps out like it's not sending the right power pulses or something? Do we need to connect the Hall Sensor? :?:
Thanks for everything Samzone!
By Andrew BG
cooterjones wrote:Would love to look into hacking the stock controller.
Wired up a cheapo non LCD 350w, works but is weird, kind of gimps out like it's not sending the right power pulses or something? Do we need to connect the Hall Sensor? :?:
Thanks for everything Samzone!
You must wire hall sensors. I tried without'em connected and the motor sounded strange, and unpowered enough as well. I ordered a 500w controller, and will share my experience when I fit it. Hopefully before the weekend. Cheers!
And thanks @samzone :!:
By cooterjones
10-4! Wired up the sensors and it wouldn't go, I had a stray white wire hooked up somewhere thinking it was part of the Hall plug lol, took me a minute but once I disconnected that and put it in learn mode I think the controller figured out the number of magnets on it's own. Before the Hall it was making a weird noise and would kind of gimp out-ish? Running ok now! Need to mount the controller and figure out the brake! Jumped the blue and black for the speed plug and it's running at max now which isn't too bad, no speed run yet.
Can't wait to hear how the 500w does!
By samuel
Hello all
Samzone what is the best controller for the zero?
for the cable you have the detail for the connecting...
thanks

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]