An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Covers electric scooter models whether shared or for consumers.
By jayato
Dandurte wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:40 am
Friend thank's to reply.

what do you mean with "momentary switch type"
when i switch the black and white he stop the motor but don't "braking".
Can you say it's not possible have a breking system?

jayato wrote:
Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:52 am
Dandurte wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:36 pm
Do you have conect The brake?
The brake have 3 cables but the contrôler 2...

for this type of controller you ned a brake lever with a switch.
the brake lever in the Zero is a Hall sensor brake type.

you need controller like these ,it comes with that type of brake:
https://www.amazon.com/Brushless-Contro ... 042&sr=8-2

or convert the brake system to a momentary switch type.

Yeah, that type of controller , the "Brake "function only disable the motor response for more security when you act the lever, and phisical brake can do the job better.

the manufacturers call "low Brake" or "Hi Brake" refering a funcion in pcb, one is 0v and whaiting +5v to stop motor signal , and other that you use is for go 5v to GND and stop motor .

The controller 36v/48v and 350w with LCD and others with 3 wires brake connector (Hall type brake), came with EBS Brake, that is an electrical regenerative brake.
And i know and i read in this forum in some controller units came enabled, and in others unit it can enabling by short some solder point i dont remember.
jamiesj410 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:38 pm
bnabil88 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:24 pm
Jcg wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:47 am
For Bird zéro i use wire rj45 8 wires on tube , 3 for brake ,3 for throttle and 2 for front light. I use universal contrôler with LCD
I use one stepdown de/de concerter for front light.
Actuality i use 40v for light deck, red light stop and white light is on when I powered light with lcd control.
But my question , Has anyone managed to operate the brake light when you press the brake?
I burned the front light because i didnt know it was a 40v output ... how did make your lights work with 40v??
There not 40 volts there 12 v & the headlight is only 4.5 volts I know already went threw 3 headlights & 2 sets of running lights .
Bonjour je suis nouveau sur ce forum et avant tout je tenais a vous féliciter pour le travail fournit et pour le partage d'informations, dans mon ca a moi, lors d'une conversion personnel, pour le phare avant j'ai utiliser ceci: Image

c'est un petit module qui te permait de convertir du 4,5 v en 3,2 v, pour info les feux arrière sont bien en 36v mais le feu avant est en 3,2v
By samzone
Salvador wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:27 am
Buenas tengo un bird one y le e puesto el controlador ke poneis en el foro me ace la función perfecta pero cuando se monta mi hijo de 12 años cuando anda 3 metros se para y se keda muerto le desconesto de la alimentación y la vuelvo a conectar y funciona otra ves alguien me podría decir ke puede ser
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2yDxYpJY9Y&t=2s

mira todos mis videos hay vas a econtrar tus respuestas
By rosavanwinkle
My second scooter conversion build log will be a bit later because i'm short on cash to buy the controller,what i can give you is some info you guys might like...
You will need torX security screwdrivers, i have used everything between the range of 10,15,20,25 and 30 i don't think theirs a 40. MAKE SURE YOU USE THE RIGHT SIZE FOR THE RIGHT BIT,these screws are sensitive to breaking so make sure the size fits snug and tight,start from the biggest and then go smaller...

So i started with "Cjwelcome's" and Bob Moons post because that was in my opinion the guys who gave me the best info
Based on their controller i bought the same one from amazon germany also 36V:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07LB2 ... UTF8&psc=1

All you need in total is 3 cables,4 if you want the backlight too work too.
make sure you cut those cables as short too the old controller as possible (i recommend even opening the original one)
i will go over all these cables:
lets start with the controller i have numbered them all too reference the images i made

1.The first cable towards the motor,everything matches the controller. so it should be np:

2.This one runs towards the battery,you may have noticed that the battery has a secondary connector,this one has become unnecessary because that one was needed for the bird app to recognize how much battery power was left.

3. The hall sensor that also leads towards the motor, the colors are not completely matching the white cable on the controller leads towards a brown/purple ish cable on the Bird

4. this one goes towards the backlighting it is optional but i recommend it for safety:

Image of the speedmeter and its cable's you can cable manage this controller via the original hole where the gps connector was.

As for power you will need a 42V 2A charger that is the same connector as the xiaomi m365 and the Ninebot ES1/ES2

I hope this helps and if questions i'll still be here to answer them for a while. when the moneys in for a new controller i will post a new guide

EDIT: Changed image 2 too the correct one
Last edited by rosavanwinkle on Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Michel666
rosavanwinkle wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:30 am
My second scooter conversion build log will be a bit later because i'm short on cash to buy the controller,what i can give you is some info you guys might like...
You will need torX security screwdrivers, i have used everything between the range of 10,15,20,25 and 30 i don't think theirs a 40. MAKE SURE YOU USE THE RIGHT SIZE FOR THE RIGHT BIT,these screws are sensitive to breaking so make sure the size fits snug and tight,start from the biggest and then go smaller...

So i started with "Cjwelcome's" and Bob Moons post because that was in my opinion the guys who gave me the best info
Based on their controller i bought the same one from amazon germany also 36V:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07LB2 ... UTF8&psc=1

All you need in total is 3 cables,4 if you want the backlight too work too.
make sure you cut those cables as short too the old controller as possible (i recommend even opening the original one)
i will go over all these cables:
lets start with the controller i have numbered them all too reference the images i made

1.The first cable towards the motor,everything matches the controller. so it should be np:

2.This one runs towards the battery,you may have noticed that the battery has a secondary connector,this one has become unnecessary because that one was needed for the bird app to recognize how much battery power was left.

3. The hall sensor that also leads towards the motor, the colors are not completely matching the white cable on the controller leads towards a brown/purple ish cable on the Bird

4. this one goes towards the backlighting it is optional but i recommend it for safety:

Image of the speedmeter and its cable's you can cable manage this controller via the original hole where the gps connector was.

As for power you will need a 42V 2A charger that is the same connector as the xiaomi m365 and the Ninebot ES1/ES2

I hope this helps and if questions i'll still be here to answer them for a while. when the moneys in for a new controller i will post a new guide

Thx for informations ! Good joob
By wonderley
rosavanwinkle wrote:

Hey thanks! It looks like the picture for #2 that was loaded is the same as the picture in number one?
By rosavanwinkle
wonderley wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:12 pm
rosavanwinkle wrote:

Hey thanks! It looks like the picture for #2 that was loaded is the same as the picture in number one?
Thanks for noticing i did not,edited the post should be fine now! ^^

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]