An Electric Scooter Community on a Mission to Stamp out Transportation Mediocrity.

Discuss the Segway Ninebot ES and Ninebot Max Kick Scooter in this Forum. Topics include the Segway-Ninebot app, hardware, street riding, etc.
By Mattr567
Scootingxiv303 wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:19 am
I tried that on the spin scooter wire it exactly like the photo of stock max .you can push out the oin with a sharpen paper clip or small lo pointy tweezers push back in any order .how can I test to see what the other two wires go to purple and white .I want to try n put in other empty slots but dont want to fry anything. I tried to turn on with oem m365 pro dashboard turns on only on D then turns off.bluetooth connects but only if u hold button down and stays on waiting on scooter when you connect on esdowng app.have not tryd segway app yet and even tryd with orginal es4 dashboard does nothing.if any one knows what the other wires are so mayb try to use somewhere else .if posted my apologies must of passed by it .thanks everyone.
I figured you could just depin the connector lol.

It shouldn't really matter where the other pins go (assuming to the side pole box) because all you should need is the 4 dash to the controller. I imagine those extra pins power the box, and acts like a middle man to turn it on between the dash and controller etc.

Why not try to use the dash the Spin came with?
By Scootingxiv303
Also I have tried the dashboard that came with spin just beeps no error on display .Do I need to mayb flash the m365 dashboard .with a es4 dashboard that I bought already flashed to try and do the ghetto method as on scotterhacking.org which wish there was a video on using this method. Hopefully we can do cfw soon to flash thanks for everyone tryn to convert this one.im almost wanting to try and switch out control boards from lyft into the spin to see what happens for the hell of it
By DabznscootinEne
So lookn around I found this pic that is orginal g30 max dashboard but has 4 connectors. So my ? Is are we missing the last connector
Image hopefully I can get someone to help figure out if its original from the picz I seen here on scootertalk .like someone said b4 only way to is break down both toghtr and find out so hopefully we can .
By fairbanks97
DabznscootinEne wrote:
Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:16 pm
So lookn around I found this pic that is orginal g30 max dashboard but has 4 connectors. So my ? Is are we missing the last connector
Image hopefully I can get someone to help figure out if its original from the picz I seen here on scootertalk .like someone said b4 only way to is break down both toghtr and find out so hopefully we can .
I see "ninebot" is printed in a light blue color. I believe this is actually a photo of a G30d and not a G30 like what Spin and Lyft use. The G30d is a Ninebot MAX variant released to comply with the stricter laws and regulations found in certain countries. For example, it has a brighter light, more reflectors, a special fender for mounting a license plate, and cannot go faster than 20km/h out of the box.

http://no-en.segway.com/products/ninebo ... r-max-g30d

You can see in the picture you posted what looks like a throttle tab with gray rubber on the left side of the photo. This is actually an electronic brake tab, similar to the ES2/ES4 scooters. It's another feature found only on the G30d models. The actual electronic throttle is likely just out of frame on the right side of the handlebar like other electronic scooter models.

You can also see two sets of wires for the brake (Red Blue Black) coming out of the G30d dashboard. The plastic electronic brake tab on the G30d triggers the rear electronic brake independently and does not engage the front drum brake. The actual aluminum brake lever on the G30 and G30d, similar to the M365 scooters, triggers both the rear electronic brake and the front drum brake simultaneously.
By DabznscootinEne
Good lookn out @fairbanks97 that explained alot that I didnt bother lookn into or even come close to think of .well just gonna have to wait it out for the firmware. Has anyone tried the ghetto method on flashing the dashboard. As mentioned on scotterhacking.org
By joeyfreshwater
365GUY wrote:
Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:33 am
Well I found the pro dash on amazon prime for under 30$, and it’s a original ninebot that I can flash custom firmware to. As for the motor, it’s obviously the max motor, that was my whole point in trying to verify that the M365 controller will run the bigger max motor. I’m currently working on adding a front mounted 56v battery from a wheels bike as well as mounting one where the max battery was. The mounting on the front looks pretty nice , at least it’s cleaner than my 365 secondary battery setup.

I’m working on trying to modify a 58v charger from a echo electric blower that I found, hopefully I can get that working

I feel like this combination will offer the best ride and performance. Although I’m sure thre
could you share more pictures of how you mounted the wheels battery on the front pole?
By lurkinglime
The cable running from the contoller, and forking off to the IOT box and the Dash on the Spin Max has 7 wires at the controller, 5 at the IOT box, and 4 at the dash. Obviously there is some shared wiring there. Here is a diagram of how the wires are joined within the cable. There is continuity from top to bottom of each side, but side A and side B are each separate from the other. I don't have enough electrical engineering skills to reverse engineer this, but it should at least make it more clear to someone who knows what they're looking at. I suspect it will also require an in depth look at the circuitry of the IOT box, but I presume it is just toggling on/off a connection passing through it to the dash

By 365GUY
How did I mount the battery to the front pole ?
Drill some holes and bolt it to the original bracket that the gps was attached to. Find some caps to cover the 4 access holes and that’s it. Just put a little thought into it and you will figure it out.

My issue now is how to get the battery communication going to the controller figured out. Probably not gonna happen unless I modify the battery and bms. Right now I’m just running a stock 365 battery and after tweaking the firmware it has great acceleration but tops at 15 mph.

I’m looking for at least 25mph.

As this was a rental version whos overstock was […]

Any one got any info on beryl bikes I seen a few[…]

LH/ TF-100 Style Display.

Hi I recently converted a Bird Zero to a personal […]

How do you operate dash without button? I have[…]